Chapter Two-Moving Day

Chapter Two

Moving Day

Ahead of Myself-X Ambassadors

When I wake up it's about one in the afternoon and time for me to get groceries. After gently letting Ghost back out I head out myself to the nearby market. I wave to Mack at the front desk and get what I need, which isn't much, then head back to him and pay. Quietly, I enter my apartment building and slip back into my room unnoticed. Seems others had the same idea.

"What the fuck are you doing in my place!?" I hiss, moving around trench coat guy to put my groceries in the kitchen. Spinning around to face him, I cross my arms and fix him with a cold stare. "You have one minute to tell me why I shouldn't kick you out. Go."

"These are immensely small lodgings." He comments smartly, letting his hands linger in his coat pockets as he looks me up and down. My gaze sharpens at his words.

"Forty seconds." I state curtly and lean against the fridge.

"How can you use magic?" Trench coat guy asks and I shrug.

"I don't think that's any of your business. Thirty-five seconds." I continue to count down while trying to think of a way out of this that doesn't include murder. He grins at my attitude and seems to actively enjoy it.

"You have two choices, little witch. Come with me peacefully and answer all my questions or I will drag you out of this place." He offers with the calm sincerity of a serial killer. Which, I suppose, he is.

"You're the man who tried, and failed, to destroy New York, so your word isn't really worth a lot to me. Loki of Asgard." I sass, once again moving around him and sitting on my bed. That seems to get under his skin since he frowns at me. I rejoice in the small victory.

"I am much more than just a man-"

"If you're talking about your godliness, save it. I've met plenty of people who thought they were gods, guess what they all had in common? They were worms." I spit. "I doubt you're different." I finish interrupting him and savor the anger on his face. Get someone else angry and they lose control and I like having control.

"Must I speak to your...owner about this?" He asks with a heavy dose of spite. I jump up and walk over to him, grabbing his tie and yanking his face down to my level, then freezing him with a hand on his shoulder.

"I am not owned by anyone, you sack of dick-tits." I stare into his eyes to make sure he gets the point before releasing his tie and body. A light chuckle falls from his lips as he gracefully shakes out his limbs once he can move again.

"Then why don't you come with me?" He continues to question me. At that, I hesitate to give an answer.

"Sure, why don't I go with the homicidal god?" I ask sarcastically. "You don't understand what you're asking..." I sober and trail off, beginning to taste the familiar hint of fear on my tongue. The heavy copper taste is irritatingly familiar and Loki seems to recognize it in my eyes. "I'm dead if I leave." I tell him in a hushed voice, paranoidly glancing at the door. When I look back at Loki his face has hardened into tense determination.

"Not if you come with me. I swear to protect you, little sorceress, on my, somewhat already tarnished, honor." He promises sincerely and strangely, while the gears in my mind start turning rapidly. Maybe this could be my escape? I doubt Strike would look for me in the Avengers' tower. I could be free. I hesitate only a moment more before pulling out a bag and shoving all my clothes into it. Next comes Ghost's tuna cans and my money jar, then I turn towards Loki with thinly veiled irritation.