Chapter One-Little Witch

Chapter One

Little Witch

No Rest for the Wicked-Lennon and Maisy

The wind whistles around my ears and I shut my eyes to savor every wisp that thinks to caress me. It's been getting colder and colder out here and that means girls are going to start falling soon. It's going to matter who stays standing and I'm determined to be one of them. My skin is almost an ungodly heat at all times, so I don't foresee any problem. The streets I'm on are littered with trash, including the girls that line the concrete walls in their skimpy clothes; including me. I'm dressed up in my Sunday best; a teal leather jacket, a black cut-off shirt that's basically a bra, and a white flowy skirt that attracts guys like moths to a flame. They're suckers for the school girl type. A black mustang pulls up in front of me and I'm quick to walk up to the window, leaning my arms on it after the man inside lowers the glass.

"Hey, sweetie. You looking for a little fun?" I ask sweetly, smiling innocently at the salt and pepper haired man in the driver's seat. He only has a couple wrinkles and is most likely just forty; younger than my usual clients. He smiles to show off perfect teeth and looks me up and down like a meal.

"What can you do right here in this car? I've got no time to take you anywhere." He tells me in a surprisingly high-pitched voice. It's hard not to cringe from the grating sound, instead I wink and open his door, smoothly sliding myself onto his lap and shutting the door once again. My hands gently lay on his shoulders and my skirt flutters over his lap to shield his growing erection.

"I can do everything right here in this car. Just name it." I tell him with a smooth, low voice.

"You're already in the right position." He grins again and affixes his lips to my neck as I stare blankly at the ceiling of his car, going through the motions like every other time. When he's done I'm quick to get my money and get out. Men usually appreciate a girl who knows not to linger. The cold air hits me like a slap to my face, but I force myself down the sidewalk anyway as a tint of yellow light colors the sky. Going against the wind is hell, but it's the quickest way back to my apartment. My lips form a macabre grin when I think of my greeting when I get there, my earnings from today tucked into a hidden compartment in my jacket making me feel warmer than the rising sun. I've almost always been his favorite. I bring in the most money out of all the girls because of my young age. There is no end to the perverts in this world and my paycheck depends on it. Everyone other than the boss man hates me because I'm the best, as well as the fact that I can steal their clients. I don't feel guilty about it. It's kill or be killed out here and I'm glad I don't have any friends to distract me. Well, except the little black cat outside my window. Caught up in my musings I run smack dab into a man in a long black coat. In my defense, he seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

"Hey, watch it fucker." I snap instantly and move around him.

"Excuse me?" He asks and I can tell by the clarity of his voice that he's turned around toward me. Sighing, I turn towards him and look at his face. Bright blue eyes, surprisingly long, shiny, black hair, and sharp fucking cheekbones.

"Look, I'm tired and sick of men. Walk away, trench coat." I command and cross my arms on my chest. His eyebrows go up when he actually looks me up and down, then turns completely towards me.

"Aren't you a bit young to be a whore?" He asks in a tone of complete interest. His question shocks me into a moment of silence and he takes the opportunity to walk closer to me. When he's a foot away from me my body instantly reacts by shoving my hands out in front of me. They shake violently, but they're the only thing that's moving. The man has completely frozen. The wind blows but not a hair on his head moves and his coat remains still instead of flapping around him like mine. I take a breath and lower my hands, already backing up quickly. I know from experience that this won't last very long.