Medicine

"I'm not sure why you want to plan a robbery right now. We need to focus." I looked at Tanner, he fidgeted with a piece of pork before placing it in one of the many pockets of his green cloak. He's clearly nervous.

I just saw something I liked." Hm I dont believe you. Its just too sudden, what could you like so much? But this is what we do, so I cant just say no.

"Ok well it's your idea so any problems are your fault." he doesn't look surprised which he shouldnt be. I may be a tough leader but I am not without reason.

"Wow. Youre just so supportive." He said and then grumbled beneath his breath. I looked at the clock hanging above the back door.

"Lets just get out of here before the butcher gets back." we gather a few more bits of ham and run out of the shop, slip through alley ways, and head home to our cave outside of town.

"Annie! Tanner! Your back!" Jamie jumped up and hugged my two partners. She seemed to not see me at all.

"What, I dont get any love?" she ran to me a mix of emotion on her face.

"Only if you brought back food." she tried to look older and scolding but I knew her, I also knew she wanted to tell me something.

"Well maybe I did, maybe I didnt." I wont dance around her hidden feelings for the sake of a fun welcoming between friends, I pull her aside and whisper to her.

What are you hiding? she looks shocked then concern swallows her face.

"It's just, I didnt want Tanner to know Rock, Ley is sick and I dont know what to do." her fear was enough to make me cry at that moment but I held my composure.

"Were is he?" Jamie led me to Leys room where he lay. I reached down with one hand. His head was as hot as a volcano.

"Ok ill find a hospital and see what I can slip. Jamie can I talk to Ley for a moment?" she handed me the key to the room nodding but her eyes were on his face.

"Sure Rock just dont take long." I locked the door and sat next to the little boys bed, he's shivering like a hail storm hit him and I dont know how to help.

"Ley its okay I'm here." I held his hand trying to avoid the thought of how he feels, I hate to see him in pain.

"Rock, you c-can't trust th-them." I squeezed his hand trying to smile.

"No Ley, we can trust the kids here, we helped them why would they hurt us?" he looked frantic. I reached out and held both of his hands hoping he would calm down. Hes going to hurt himself.

"n-no Rock. y-you Cant." he fell asleep and I held him close.

"I'll get you some medicine I promise."