14

I get a knock on the office door. I had built an office in the Marchioness. We still hadn't opened yet but it was coming along. I haven't really been social with anyone in quite some time. It's impossible to want to leave the house. I didn't know whether AK was alive and I had no way of getting in touch with him. Keon had run off and wanted nothing more to do with me. I had just found out my brother Joyous was a fucking monster. The truth was I didn't know what I was doing here.

I had buried myself in this club. It was all that mattered. It kept me busy.

"I'm busy! Go away!" I say.

I expect it to be Marcella. She's the only one who really bothers me. Everything else goes through her. I rather not get to know the people in this community. I wasn't here to make friends. I had been disappointed over and over by this community.

I promised Big Mama that I would re-open her club.

That was exactly what I planned to do. I was going to re-open this piece of shit club and then I was getting the fuck out of dodge.

The door opens regardless of me telling the person to go away. I lift my head about ready to go off on Marcella but then I realize it's not Marcella.

"Jamila!"

I jump up. I had heard she was out of the hospital finally. I jump up and head her way. I give her a hug...

"I tried calling you. Figured you didn't recognize my new number."

"You got a phone finally?" I ask.

I'm shocked to say the least. Jamila was well known for not having a phone.

"I'm trying this new thing called life. It's not easy. For so long I was just existing," she tells me, "I'm starting to go to rehab three times a week."

"Thank God...I had no idea..."

Jamila doesn't look as good as she did when she was with Travis Kim. That was all a show though. Now I can see the real struggle of a woman who had gone through addiction. She looks like she is struggling with withdrawal. She looks sickly. None-the-less even through this she smiles tenderly. It's a slow, eager smile. I can tell she really wants to impress me for some reason.

"You would have known if you came to see me," she states.

"I'm sorry. I've just been...so busy," I state.

"I see. You've really brought this place back to life," she explains, "Your assistant gave me a tour of the place just a few minutes ago."

"I've tried."

"All alone."

Jamison was under my father's wing. He wanted nothing to do with the Sin club. Joyous had emptied himself back into the streets sending his goons to my door every once in a while, to see if I needed an extra hand. Jamila was too busy working on herself. I owned this club with three other people and no one had lifted a fucking finger to help me.

I knew if Keon was here he would help me, but he wasn't. I had run him off for good.

"Yeah. Alone."

Jamila sighs, "I'm so sorry. Listen my therapist says I should probably not be around liquor or the nightlife but once I get better I'll definitely be able to..."

I cut her off.

"It's fine."

"You sure?"

She might be able to see the fact that I feel so alone. I am trying to hide it from her but I know I'm alone. I'm more alone than ever.