7 ~ Connor x reader

Ship: Connor x reader

Prompt: 25 - "You're fucked up."

*impersonates a hair flip* "Tell me something I don't know."

Requested by:

Warning: loneliness, dark thoughts, metaphors, talk about depression, trans slurs, slight swearing

(Y\N)'s prov

Ahhh. Literature. One of the only classes I don't really care about. Well... My crush, Connor Murphy, sits next to me... So that's a plus!

But... That's it.

"(Y\N), what's your point of view?" The teacher asks.

I look at the board. I don't know what is going on. "She\he\they didn't  listen! Ha! That's rich!"

The whole class started laughing.

I tune out the whole class. Everyone. Can't I just stay invisible? Why can't I just disappear? I know I have depression, Connor has it too...his sister told me about it.

I see Connor talking to me, but I can't hear him. I look at my desk... I feel like a desk. A desk is an object used to place stuff upon. An object people write horrid things on, to make the others feel weak. A desk sometimes has a name scratched on it, it's an item, an object that now has a mark of f someone on. That someone was bored. They did the next best thing, they hurt the desk...they hurt me... I am a desk.

I look back at Connor. He has worry plastered on his face. He is saying something. I am not here. I don't know what he's saying. I can't hear him.

I finally 'wake up'. I hear everything again. I look around to see the whole class looking at me. Watching me. Observing me. I spot the teacher next to me. "(Y\N)? Are you with us?"

No, and I never will be the same. For I feel like my desk. No...I don't own this desk...

"Connor, take her to the nurse." My teacher whispers.

"I'm fine now, no need to worry,  teach'." I said with a forced smile.

My teacher looks at me. "Connor, I will not ask again. Take her to the nurse's office."

Connor stands up and I follow him. The minute we exit the  classroom, I started softly laughing.

Connor raised a brow but continues to walk me to the nurse's office.

I'm walking with my crush. I can now think about him instead of...other 'things'.

Suddenly I hear a thud. I stop dead in my tracks. My smile fades. I know that sound... I completely forgot about Connor, and I ran. I ran into the next hallway to see someone being held forcefully against a pair of lockers. "You are not a boy and you never will be! You fucking-"

"HEY!" I ran up to the jock and transboy. "LEAVE THE POOR LITTLE MAN ALONE!"

The jock looked me in the eyes. "She is always be a she-"

I took him by his own collar. I gave him the 'I will murder you in your sleep' look. He walks off and mumbles "freak."

"Awe. Thank you for the complement!" I tell the jock.

I turn around to see Connor helping the guy the jock was being mean to. We both got him to the nurse's office, my well-being already forgotten by myself.

We hand over the poor bruised dude. We walk back to class after the nurse said that I was fine.

"You're fucked up." I hear Connor  whisper towards me

I impersonate a hair flip. "Tell me something I don't know."

He just chuckled. "Well, I know what happened in class today all to well. It happens to me too. Depression has that effect on some people, those people includes us."

"I told you to tell me something I don't know." I told him with a smile.

He stops and turns to face me. He then does the unthinkable, and kisses me. It feels like time stops. I feel like I'm lost, but found...just like in my episodes...but far better.