Chapter 4

Unwanted Company
Hi guys I hope it hasn't been that long. I've been going through a lot of shit. I hope it isn't abnormal when you stop loving your family. Anyways on with the story.

      Claude's POV
    I woke up feeling very hot. The heat was so consuming and suffocating I thought I might die. I rolled off the bed weakly. Not even bothering to take off my clothes I went to the shower turning the head and cold water poured down on me and the my body temperature came down.
     I was on the floor trying to catch my breath. I used the wall to support myself. What was happening? I turned my head and saw Stephanie by the door with a smile on her face.
  She walked towards me slowly all the while with her hands behind her back. She knelt down behind me. "Ungrateful human" she whispered. Instantly I felt a sharp pain in my neck. I fell to my side.
    I turned and she was no longer like herself. She was all big with muscles and had wings, horns and red eyes. She raised a big axe up. "Go to hell Claude". She brought it down upon me.
   I rose up from my bed with a deep gasp. What was that?! Where's Stephanie? I asked myself. I tried getting up, but something held my hand back. I look at my wrist and a chain kept me bound to the bed.
    "Going somewhere?" A voice asked. I turned and Sebastian was lying by my side. "Stephanie!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "Claude darling no need to shout" he whispered. "Stephanie is here". I watched in horror as Sebastian held Stephanie's severed head by her hair. The sheets were instantly bloody and so was I and also Sebastian. "Now nothing is in our way. We can finally be together".
    My voice disappeared instantly as Sebastian came closer and tried to kiss me. "No" I whimpered. "No" I tried to shout, but he kissed me.
     My eyes opened instantly and I was in the room I was in yesterday night and nothing seemed out of place (yet). I sat up and cleaned my sweaty face with my shirt sleeve. If it were a lesser man that had that dream, he would be a crying mess, but I'm stronger than that to result to tears.
      Normal POV
    He remembered what happened to Stephanie and ran to the window and I saw her still pushing that wheelbarrow around. Meaning she didn't go to sleep. Why do I even care. She and her best friend ruined my life from the day I was born. But that dream felt so real. He cleaned up quickly and headed downstairs.
     Claude approached her with caution. He didn't forget about yesterday night and also the dream of earlier. He wrote a mental note to stay out of her way when she held heavy objects.
    "Morning Claude" she said not facing him. "If you're hungry, there's food for you at the table". Why was he down here again? He didn't know what to say. The way she talked to him threw him off. Why was she so cold all of a sudden?
    "When are we getting out of here? Unlike you I actually have a life to get back to". "I know" she said letting go of the wheelbarrow. "And unlike you I know how to solve the problem". "A problem you caused" he said. "Which you brought back by letting a stranger into the house".
    "It's called being nice, which you aren't right now". "Should I really be taking that from you. You aren't the nicest person" she said with spite. "What are you going on about? You know I have the right to be mad at you?"
    I ducked quickly as I saw a fucking wheelbarrow coming towards me. I looked as it crashed into the wall of the barn. "What the fuck?!" I yelled getting up looking to see if she was still holding something. "Now I know you are trying to kill me".
    Stephanie turned to face him. "Tell me the truth Claude! And I will know if you're lying to me. During our three years of marriage, were you ever happy?" Claude looked at her shocked. "I saw your texts from Sebastian. You even have contact with him. How did he even get your number?"
    "Claude I know I lied about my true self, but what I didn't lie about was my love for you. You could just have said no. It's not like I forced you to marry me okay. Then you go ahead to tell him. Sebastian of all people".
      Her eyes were fuisha and she was clenching her fists. Her veins looked like they would pop out. "You looked through my phone?". Well if you know what I'm thinking then read my mind.
When I married you it was like you were calling all the shots. I never felt like I was a man with you. You made sure you controlled everything even my decision. Now I see why". "You know it's not my fault, he said. I'm a dominant and it's in my nature. You just can't change that".
   "Arguing with you now isn't going to take me anywhere. I'm going to fix this". "How?". "The only way one can". "I don't follow" he said. "I'm going to kill Sebastian".
    "How?". "It doesn't concern a human like yourself" she said. Claude rolled his eyes. "What was in the wheelbarrow?" Claude asked. "Salt" she replied. "Demons can't cross and it hurts them". "But how come you're still okay?". "I'm inside and I can't go outside. I didn't touch it so I'm still okay".
    "Just go and eat okay. I need to get ready". I watched as he walked away. His mind was blank. I sighed as I saw damage to the wall. I needed to fix it. The salt only stopped demons not animals.
~~Claude's Thoughts~~
    I ate my food silently, but it was like the food disappeared before it went to his stomach. My guilt was eating it up. J dropped the sandwich. I rest my head on my arms and sighed. I was too harsh with her. Yeah she lied, but to think of all the things she must have done to keep me safe.
    My feelings about her were so complicated. I wanted her to leave and rot in hell on the other hand I just didn't know what I wanted. I am just tired of all the drama. I closed my eyes to rest. I would think of what I wanted later.
~~Time-Skip~~
    I woke up and it was already dark out. How long did I sleep for? I asked myself. I sat up and stretched my body like a cat. I stood up and noticed the huge hole in the wall was gone.
    The barn was quiet and I could hear shuffling outside. I walked outside and saw Stephanie. She was changing out of her clothes. I quickly turned around. "You know you don't need to do that".
    "I think it's best" he said. "It's okay anyway. I'm done". Claude turned around and she was dressed in a black tail coat, black pants a white shirt with a black waist coat inside and a black tie. Black silleto hills and white gloves. "How do I look?" She asked.
    "Like the female version of Sebastian" Claude replied with a smirk. "That's not funny" she said with a pout. Claude chuckled. "So why are you dressed like this?" Claude asked. "These are my demon clothes" she said. "I was a butler before and this was what I wore". "How long ago was that?" He asked bursting into a fit of giggles.
Stephanie rolled her eyes. :If you're done insulting me, please help me open the salt". Claude stopped laughing and followed her to the entrance. He pushed back some salt and she was able to pass.
    "What are you going to do?". "Demon stuff" she replied shrugging her shoulders. "The only way to end this is to fight" she said not at all bothered. "What?! How is that possible?!"
     "Are you worried about me Claude?" Stephanie asked with a smug look on her face. "No" he replied folding his arms and frowning. "I just don't want a psychopath coming after me". "Admit it" she said with a huge grin. "You're going to miss me".
    "I'm not" he said. "You totally are" she said coming closer. "Admit it" she said bringing her face closer. She gripped his shoulder. "Say it" she said. Gold stared into brown. They sealed their lips in a hot sloppy kiss.
    Stephanie licked Claude's bottom lip asking for entrance. Claude opened his mouth hesitantly and their tongues danced in sync. Stephanie bit his lip drawing blood and pulled away. She licked her lips.
     "I think you just need space. I don't know what you're thinking, but your body language is telling me to stay". Claude licked the blood of his lip. "Don't die" Claude said softly.
    "When you come back we can talk about this. I can't guarantee you that we'll be together". "I know" she said walking through the cleared path. "I'll be back in a few days". "Be careful of anyone that comes here okay". "I can defend myself" he said.
    Claude watched as she disappeared. He looked back at the empty barn. It was going to be so boring without her. He walked to the barn back to his room.
~~Time-Skip~~
    It was another boring night. It had been almost a week since Stephanie had been gone and I was so bored and lonely. The only thing to do to pass time was talk to talk endlessly to his parents and that grew old in three days.
    He told them they were on vacation. The whole while he was sulking, he didn't notice someone walk up to the salt line until something hit his shoulder. He looked up and he saw Stephanie. And she didn't look good.
He ran to the salt and cleared a path and she fell face forward. He pulled her inside and closed the path. "What happened?!" She looked up at him and growled. "I fought Sebastian got hurt and killed him. What does it look like?" She asked sarcastically.
    "Can you stand up?". "Yes" she replied. "Just help me with the wound. It's just a stab". He helped her up and helped her climb up and treated the wound.
   Stephanie sat up. "I couldn't stop thinking about you Claude" she said. "Sebastian couldn't stop talking about you especially when he said all those stuff about you. I just got angry and wanted to kill him so bad and I did. Please hold me" she said pulling him onto her.
    "I will never leave your side" she whispered before she fell asleep. Claude was confused, happy and hurt. But he couldn't push her away at least not tonight. He tried getting out of her grip, but her grip was strong. He fell asleep on top of her.
    When she was sure he was asleep she opened her eyes and smiled. "I made a promise to you and I'm going to keep it". "Like I said, "Claude my sweet I'll get you even if I have tear through hell and earth. I'm never letting you go". Her eyes turned fuisha and she went to sleep.