IV-Autumn

Autumn ran. She ran and ran and ran. She was finally free! She didn't have the time to focus on the things happening around her, for her captures couldn't be that far behind. But she had finally escaped the madman that ruled the Empire! Were would she go now? 'Well I can go to Teráshk. Or possibly Fentän?' she thought wistfully about the kingdoms. She was so lost in thought she didn't notice when she ran past the prison and into a boy. "I'm so sorry sir!" she said. The boy stood only an inch or two above her. He had a mess of white hair that matched her own. His eyes were frantic, as if he was panicking. But good Gods his eyes. They were a pinkish magenta color that knocked the breath out of her lungs. "Um....er...I'm..." she stuttered. "It's fine! I just, I gotta go!" he replied looking over his shoulder. "Okay. Wait! What about your name?" she asked as he started to walk off. Without stopping he smiled over his shoulder "Name's Birch!" And with that he was gone. She stood there for a second. Looking at the direction he ran and realized that's where she was headed as well. She ran after Birch and caught up quickly. "I'm Autumn." she said, startling him. "Well hi Autumn. Um is there a reason your going the same way as me?" he asked. "Well," she started "Aren't you trying to escape the Empire too?" He stopped. "Who are you?" he asked "Are you a spy?" She stopped and tried her best to look hurt. "I'll have you know I was a captive to my step-father!" She said mater of factly. He raised his eyebrows, "And why would that make you leave the Empire?" he asked, not even trying to hide the judgment from his voice. She strained my back and looked him in the eyes, "Because I am Princess Autumn Lyren II, the true heir to the Throne Of Gods." Autumn expected him to gape, bow, maybe even beg for forgiveness, but he just stood there as amusement lit his eyes. "Ok Princess, got a plan?" he asked nonchalantly. She was shocked. Not even a 'Ok sorry for being so rude m'lady.'? Who raised this boy? "Yes actually I do." she said. "Follow me." 'Why?' You may be asking, 'Is she helping this stranger you don't even know?' Well it's because it's what her mom would have done. She never met her mother, but her step-mother was kind and gentle. She may not have been Autumn's birth mother, but she was her mom. They ran off down the street towards a friend of Autumn's house quadrant. Autumn knocked on the ruby red, oak door. Her best friend in the whole world, Veronica Yreish, opened the door and her jaw dropped. "What are you doing here!?! And who's he?" she pointed at Birch. "I'll explain later! Can we come in?" Autumn asked frantically. She hesitated but let them in. "You'd better have a damn good reason." she muttered as she closed the door. Birch and Autumn exhaled at the same time and Autumn thought, 'Safe, we're finally safe.'