III-Birch

Birch awoke with a throbbing headache. He leaned upwards with a groan and took in his surroundings. He was in a grey cell on a brown bed f sorts, across from the bed was a table and grey seat. 'Why'd this have to happen to me?' he thought. He let out an exhale and swung his legs off the bed. That's when the stench hit him. A putrid scent that reminded him of the rotting bodies that were charted across the city from the guillotine. He put a hand up to his nose, plugging it to stop the scent. "God's above, what's that stench?" he asked a guard who was standing outside his cell. The guard didn't respond. "Oh I see how it is!" Birch exclaimed. "Lemme guess, you cant speak to low life like me?" he asked sarcastically. "Quiet inmate!" the guard snapped back. Birch sat down and glared at the guard. 'So how am I going to get out of this mess?' he thought. Birch let out a heavy breath and the guard snapped at him "One more peep and I'll come in there and shut you up!" This gave Birch an idea as he eyed the torches lining the walls in the hall. He stretched and yawned very loudly. The guard, true to his word, unlocked the cell door and walked in bringing out his baton as he did so. Birch raised his hands at the guard and a red circle appeared in front of him as he spoke "Flames of Crimson Red, and Gold," the torches began to flicker and the guard pulled out his hand gun. "Ekar zin fron shi zan ohl, trake es firs kon zul ton shul." Birch sped through the rest of the spell and the circle faded. The guard aimed the gun at Birch's head. "What did you do?" the guard asked sternly. Birch simply smiled and pointed at the torches. The guard turned and looked at the now unlit torches, then around the cell where light still illuminated all of his surroundings. "How..." The guard started. He then looked down at his feet and dropped his weapons. Slowly wrapping it's self around the guards' legs was a coat of red and gold flames. "Now," Birch said calmly "how do I get out of here?" The guard pointed silently down the hall to a set of doors. Birch smiled and ran towards the doors yelling over his shoulder, "Thanks!" The flames then continued to make their way up the guards' body. The last thing Birch heard before he ran through the doors was the screaming of the guard as he was burned alive.