Marina wore her inkling disguise which consisted of a squinja mask, and her octoling armor. Her armor wouldn't arise suspicion because the inklings would probably think that she stole it from an octoling and was an inkling too. She painted a dark line that connected across her eyes. nobody could tell that she was an Octoling.

 She entered a turf war, and sat in the waiting room. She began conversing with an inkling boy who seemed nice enough. He offered her some ink juice before the match started. She politely declined, as the match was about to start. 

The battle began, she used her undercover brella pretty well, Because she trained with it a lot. it was her only weapon, given to her by her father before he died. She was about to splat a girl from behind her brella when she got a close look at her. it was the girl who saved her! the inkling was looking at her in shock too. How did she know? The girl seemed to pay attention to her eyes. Oh, she must have remembered my eyes...

I started to run away, but she grabbed my hand, staring into my eyes, and said, 

Pearl: Please... don't leave.... I'm Pearl.

Marina stared at the stuttering girl. Then she broke into laughter. Pearl was pretty adorable when she was nervous, Marina thought to herself.

Marina: I'm Marina!

She said between laughs.

Pearl: After the battle is over...can you meet up with me?

She pleaded.

Marina simply nodded and ran away to continue the turf war.