Marina sat atop some trash can lids in an alleyway. It was Splatfest, and her idols, Callie and Marie were singing songs. Lights flashed from the stages, and loud cheering droned through the air. she could see inklings jumping up and down to the music. she started to sing along to the music, getting lost in it. she was so passionate about it that she didn't notice the angry, but shocked crowd of inklings surrounding her until there were about twenty people.

She immediately stopped singing and stared in horror at them. She wasn't supposed to be on the surface, for she was an Octoling. One of them caught her eye, the only one that didn't look angry at her for being on the surface. It was an inkling with long tentacles, and a pink hoodie and skirt. Her hair was cream colored with a pink tinge on the bottom. The girl looked truly in shock. Marina shook her head. The inkling crowd was gaining on her, saying things like, We're gonna capture her right? or, Go back to where you belong Octoling!

 Marina gave up hope as the crowd started to swarm her. She closed her eyes tightly, when suddenly an extremely loud singing voice rang from behind them. It was the girl with the cream hair. The crowd turned around, and the girl looked at Marina with wide eyes, mouthing the word, RUN. So that's what Marina did, and she jumped into a a subway station to return to her underground home. nobody used the subway stations anymore or even went to them, because a new train that stayed above ground was created.

She finally arrived home, where her mom was cooking dinner. Marina smelled the air, and immediately knew what it was. she scrunched up her nose, in realization that she would be having boiled Salmonid again. 

Her mother, Aqua greeted her, and noticed some confetti in her tentacles.

Aqua: Oh Marina... you went to Splatfest again, didn't you?

Marina sighed.

Marina: I only went for a little bit, I just wanted to listen to one song! I swear I was gonn-

Aqua: That's why I got you a radio for your birthday, so you could listen to songs without going to the surface!

Marina: I know mom, I won't do it again! I promise!

Aqua: That's what you said the past 30 times! Just go to your room for a little, dinner will be ready soon.

Marina: Alright....

Marina walked to her room, and sat on her bed. she started to think about what happened. 

An inkling helped her.

Why would she do that? Marina thought to herself. Inklings hate Octolings. The look in the girl's eyes, it was just so innocent, curious and--

Aqua: Dinner's ready!

She'd think about it later.