24.

1 Day until prom

Amaru
6:30am

"Wake up." I said to Riley through the phone as I got ready for school.

"5 more minutes." She mumbled as I looked at the camera and she had her phone down.

"Let me see you." I said, throwing my phone on my bed, faced up as I buttoned up my shirt.

"I'm tired and I don't feel like walking to school." She whined, showing me her face.

"I'm coming to get you." I said to her, putting on my pants.

"Amaru, we don't even have to go. Prom is tomorrow." She fussed.

"I still have to hand in my paper to Mr. Smith." I admitted, picking my phone up as we looked at each other.

"Just drop it off and come to me ." She whined.

"Alright, I'll drop it off." I agreed as she sighed, happily.

"But, get up because I want you to come with me." I said to her as she smiled at me.

"Alright." She shook her head.

"I'm putting on anything, it's not going to be anything spectacular." She said and I shook my head.

"Don't matter, you're still beautiful." I flirted, smirking as she giggled.

"Whatever." She said, getting up.

"I'll be there in a minute." I said.

"Okay." She said to me as she hung up.

I then grabbed my keys from my dresser and my bag for my doorknob. I made my way down the stairs and out of my house.

I hopped into my car, started it and pulled off to Riley's.

It didn't take me long to get there and when I did, Riley was already outside and ready to go.

"Hey." She said, getting in.

"Hey, baby." I said, pulling off as she leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"I'm tired." She said, getting comfortable in her seat.

"Just dropping this off and then we can go back to my house." I told her and she nodded.

"Okay." She said, leaning on the door.

It didn't take me long to get to the school, we pulled up 10 minutes later and Riley didn't want to get out.

"Come on." I smacked my lips.

"No, Amaru. Just go." She whined and I smacked my lips again, closing my door.

I walked up to the school and made my way in as the halls were filled with seniors.

"Damn." I said to myself.

Everybody was clearly excited for prom and I can't lie, I am too.