chapter 7

☼ Gina's Point of View ☼

One hour left. It drove me insane. I sure as hell wanted to get out of this coffee shop, but I was going to miss Luke. I'm kind of immune to him being with me all the time now.

I wonder what my dad is gonna say. I'm not going to tell him about Luke. He'll just flip out and immediately assume I did something terrible with him. Oh, gosh.

Luke sat there quietly.

Finally I spoke up.

"I'm gonna miss hanging out with you for twenty-four seven."

"I know me too. Can I um- uh- get your um- like your number?" Luke stuttered out.

"Yeah."

I got out a napkin and a pen and wrote down my number for him.

"Here you go." I said, while giving the napkin to him.

"Thanks, I'll text you as soon as I get back to the place." He smiled.

I smiled back at him.

Suddenly, the lights came back on and everything was back to normal.

"Well I guess this is it, now give me a hug." I said standing up.

He snaked his arms around my waist as I enjoyed the hug for a minute.

"Well I hope everything is okay at your house, I'll see you soon Gina." He pecked me on the cheek.

We both walked out of the coffee shop at the same time.

"Bye, Luke. See you soon. Hopefully next time it won't be during a storm." I laughed.

He quietly laughed back as I locked the door and turned to the right to see a rainbow and the sun peaking through the clouds.

I turned to my left to see Luke already walking away. Gosh, I was going to miss him. I felt sick. I barely knew him that well. It had only been two days, even though it felt like weeks.

I can't wait until he texts me.

I grabbed my bag from the floor and turned the opposite way of Luke, to get back to my home.

I turned around once to see him turning back at me and we waved simultaneously at each other and laughed a little.

I swear, this boy is going to be the death of me.

--

I got into my neighbourhood and inspected all of the houses. Nothing looked too bad. Just some plants and trees fell over. No roofs were damaged, but all of the yard work was.

I finally reached my house and noticed that there was no damage to the actually building, but the lawn was an absolute disaster. My poor dad, he's going to have to fix it.

I unlocked the door and came in.

"Gina!" My dad and brother shouted.

They ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

"We tried texting you. We wanted to know if you were okay. We were so worried." My dad gushed out.

"I'm fine dad." I sighed.

I looked to my left to see the picture of my mom. She died in a hurricane. Memories flooded my mind. I was only ten.

"You don't understand how worried we were." My twin brother, Noah, spoke.

"I'm sorry guys, my phone died - and there was no power. It's okay though, I stayed in the closet like mom err used to uh tell us." I stuttered out the words as my breathing became heavy.

Whenever I thought about her, I would go into a panic attack or I would just cry the rest of the day.

She was the perfect wife to my dad, the perfect mom, just an all around perfect girl.

I strived to be like her, but it wasn't possible. I was shit compared to my mom. She was an amazing person and here I am with a scarred family and a horrible past that only Elle knew about.

"Don't do this to yourself. Especially not right now." My dad spoke as my thoughts were consuming me.

"Sorry daddy. I missed you guys." I told them, while hugging both of them.

They looked at me with sad eyes.

"You better get some sleep, Gina. You look tired." Noah mumbled.

"I will. I'm just going to take a shower."

I had changed back into my clothes the day I had left so my dad wouldn't assume anything. I mean, if I would've showed up in men's underwear and a huge shirt my dad would've thought something happened.

I went into my room and sighed of relief. Nothing was damaged. Everything looked perfect, as usual. I'm kind of OCD about having a perfect room, not gonna lie.

I pulled out a huge hoodie and under garments and left my phone on the charger in my room. Then, I headed towards the laundry room to get a towel.

As soon as I got in my bathroom I turned on the shower, but instead of getting in I just sat down on the floor. I did this a lot. Just so I could have some alone time and so no one would bother me.

I laid my head against the wall and thought about the past day. Did Luke actually love me? Did I actually love him? Or was our sanity just fading away from being cooped up in one room and only eating cafe food and drinking coffee the entire time? Who knows, to be honest.

--

Love you guys! Thanks for so many reads and stuff.

Xoxo,

Lis