Bad Dreams//Calum

You woke up lying next to your boyfriend. You had just had a horrible dream and you were sweating and shaking with fear.

Every night it was the same thing. You were in a dark room, with only one light switch.

Every time, you would walk to the side of the door to flick on the light switch and every time you regretted it.

The dim light would flicker on and a person was standing in the doorway. You told yourself every time, "Don't look. Don't look." Yet every time, you would turn around.

To be exact, it wasn't a person that stood before you. More a thing. A bloody, beaten, terrifying thing. It would stare at you, muttering something.

You would try to scream or run, but you couldn't move. The thing would get closer and closer, still muttering, until it came right up to your face.

It would stare at you, not moving at all. Then it would whisper. "He's gone."

That's when you would wake up. You turned to look beside you. Calum was still there.

You sighed with relief as you trued to lay down again. But just as you were about to close your eyes, you saw it again.

The thing. It was standing in your doorway. Just like it did in the dreams. No. No this can't be real. You grabbed Calum's arm, shaking him awake. He groaned and pushed your arm away.

"Calum please." You tried to shake him again as the thing started to get closer. "Babe, just go back to sleep." He pushed your arm away again, turning around. "No. Cal, please. Please wake up."

This time there was no response. You looked back up, searching for the thing. It wasn't there. What the hell?

You let go of Calum's arm and laid back down. "Just go to sleep." You told yourself.

Just as you closed your eyes, you heard the whisper. "He's gone." And the thing grabbed your arm.

You shot up, screaming. Tears racked your body as you held yourself, praying the thing didn't come back. "Y/N! What's wrong?" Calum wrapped his arms around you, rocking you.

"Please don't leave me. Please. It'll come for me. Please." You sobbed into his chest as he held you close to him. "Shhh. It's alright. I'm not leaving. Nothing can get while I'm here."

You grabbed his hand, squeezing it. "I love you, Cal." He kisses your head and lays his head on the pillow, letting you rest your head on his chest. "I love you too, Y/N. More than anything."

You fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat, the thing completely gone from your thoughts.