42. A new arriving in town

Start from the beginning

- Shh! I shush him again before showing upstairs and my ear to tell him that Stefan or Damon can hear us. I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you? I whisper very lowly.

- Can I trust you? Whispers seriously back Elijah. I look away and down to my hand. The dagger... I take a deep breath and hand him the dagger. Elijah looks at it before taking it. I hope it won't be a bad decision.

Stefan's P.O.V.

I suddenly woke up in my bed as I realize that Elena isn't next to me. Where is she? I look around the room before going downstairs.

- Elena! I call my girlfriend as I arrive down the bottom of the stairs. I look on my right and see Damon's girlfriend in the doorway, holding a cup of coffee. Hey.

- Hey, replies Andie before taking a sip of her coffee.

- Have you seen Elena? I ask her as I walk toward her.

- Uh, no, answers the reporter. I walk toward the end of the hall when I hear my big brother talking and joining Andie.

- Hi, sweetie, smiles Damon. Oh, my coffee, he kisses her on the lips. Good morning.

- Mm, good morning, responds seductively the woman.

- Hey, where's Elena? I ask him, worried.

- I don't know, Stefan. It's your girlfriend. Mine's right here, he points at Andie, smiling. Oh, and how's the shoulder? Got time for a bite? I'm so hungry, I hear my brother asking and pouting. I take my phone out of my pocket to call Elena.

- Oh, it's really messy. Can you just use a blood bag today? Damon pouts even more as Andie smiles. It's ringing but she doesn't answer. I'm already late for work.

- No! Pouts again, Damon. I fall on her voicemail so I leave a message.

- Hey, it's me. Where are you? Call me, I hang up and look back at Damon and Andie who are kissing each other. What are you doing? They pull apart and turn to look at me. She's not a wind-up toy.

- It's really none of your business, is it, Stefan? Answers Andie, sounding annoyed and looking at me.

- Yeah. What she said, replies Damon. I scoff and walk to the end of the hall. I swear something is wrong here.

- I have to go to work, she kisses him before running out of the boarding house.

I look on my right and abruptly stop walking as I remark that the door leading to the basement is open. How? I rush toward it and down there to investigate. I can hear Damon following me behind and sense his concernedness as well. I quickly arrive to the cellar where Elijah is... was resting. Where's the body? It's gone! Did Elena did it? Who else could have come here during the night? A witch? Damon appears behind me, soon after.

- No, she didn't, complains my brother annoyed and mad.

Gillian's P.O.V.

Alaric/Klaus is at the front door of the teacher's apartment with Maddox, his warlock. Katherine is helping me making coffee. It's not that I never made coffee but I never really used that kind of... machine. I sigh quietly as my mother quickly turn around to see what Klaus is doing. She turns back to me and puts her hand on my hair.

- Are you okay, Little Fang? I push her hand and whisper madly.

- Yes, I'm fine and stop calling me that, I take a spoon from a drawer and toss the coffee in the cup.