CHAPTER 24 : Deep in comatose*

The ride back to Earth was silent. 

The fairy was very high up above the clouds her wings beating as strongly as she could muster. She felt her yellowish glow returning once more that she was within the Earth's atmosphere and her body began to relax.

Gradually, her wings started to grow stronger again and she felt herself able to hold Florina tighter to her chest. 

The witch's whole body was almost dangling underneath her fairy. She was sleeping soundly not realizing she is almost ten thousand feet above the ground.

Rose's mind was racing. She didn't know what to do. Fear enveloped her and she tried her best to not let it cloud her judgment. 

Davies was right. 

How did she think she could hid Florina's curse from her for that long? 

Florina was eventually destined to find out no matter how far away they went. Rose wished however her carrier wouldn't find out that soon. She planned to tell her in the appropriate time, when she is ready. The fairy knows the witch better than anyone else.

Telling Florina now means throwing the truth in her face. She is not strong enough to handle it, she thought. This journey has been nothing but many discoveries at once and look where it got her. Her curse got activated and she was almost killed twice.

She flew swiftly over the clouds. 

Everything around them was fluffy and white. Typically, a view like that would get Rose intrigued. She loved Earth's beauty too much and usually doesn't miss any chance of engulfing said beauty. 

But she knew it wasn't the time for sightseeing, she had a mission that she needs to see through.

She had to face her Queen. 

She had to look her in the eye and tell her that she failed. She failed in protecting Florina from the curse and she failed in keeping her ignorant. And most of all, she let Augustus Agrippa escape.

Just as her Fairy flew above a huge cloud, she felt her carrier stir in her arms followed by a groan from her friend.

"Where are we?" Florina whispered as she felt the strong wind on her face preventing her from opening her eyes. 

It didn't take her much time to realize that she was being flown again by a mysterious being. She stirred violently to free herself from the hands that were holding her.

Rose, who wasn't expecting such an act, let out a surprised squeal and immediately held Florina tighter before she could slip from her hands and fall to her death.

"Florina!" she exclaimed "We are ten thousand feet above the ground and your first instinct is to jump from my arms," she scolded.

Upon hearing her best friend's voice, Florina immediately relaxed in her fairy's arms. 

When the witch got silent, Rose sighed "I am sorry for yelling at you. I should have expected you might wake up during our flight but I honestly didn't want to wake you up. You seemed very exhausted."

"It's alright," Florina replied quietly.

Once Florina was able to relax, Rose gradually slowed down allowing Florina to open her eyes and see the breath-taking scene. The witch wasn't terrified of heights but there was something unsettling about looking at the Earth from ten thousand feet away. She also wasn't aware that her fairy had the ability to fly such an extremely high height and maintain it.

On any other day, Florina would get extremely curious and immediately bombard her fairy with a million questions. 

However the recent events left no room for curiosity nor happiness. It was just filled with the sound of Rose's wings beating slowly. Her wings sounded like roars in the nature's silence. With every sharp rise and fall, Rose cradled he friend to her chest even closer.