Chapter 34

Chapter 34

" Stay on the ship with Banner." I said mimicking Tony's voice before I kicked a rock across the ground. " Aria, can you tell what's happening?" Banner asked as gun shots sounded and I shook my head. He tried to contact them, but got nothing but static in response. I turned when I heard a stream of thoughts and Bruce followed my gaze to the two figures who sat amongst the wreckage of one of the land trapped ocean liners. " Get inside." I told him as I stepped in front of him. " And try to remain calm, please."

He disappeared inside but just before the door closed, I found myself flying through the air, but I managed to right myself before I hit the ground. With each encounter of one the stones, I seemed to find myself, becoming not only stronger, but also more a agile, but the greatest boost had come when I had touched the power stone. Another thing that seemed to be enhanced were the visions that had once only plagued me at night, now they came when they wanted.

I landed back on my feet, only to step sideways and stick my foot out as the steak flew back at me. A thud sounded behind me as he tripped and I smirked down at the man before me. " Sorry, that trick will only work once." I told him before I spun around, and punched the women behind me in the nose. " And your mind tricks dont work either."

She glared at me before raising her own smile when a loud growl sounded from inside the ship. " Oh no." I heard Chloe, Dahlia, and Jami chorus, seconds before the Hulk came tearing out. A pair of green eyes stared down at me and I gulped. " Hey big guy, long time no see." I greeted hesitantly. The speedster disappeared with the girl, leaving me to face the hulk.

*******

" Ow, Ow, Ow." I complained as Chloe helped reset my shoulder. " Your the one that took on the hulk with no help." Jami said and I made a face. " You could have helped me, you know." I said before the others limped onto the ship. Bruce took one look at my bruised face, and froze in horror. " Aria, I-"

" It's not your fault, Bruce. Dont you dare go there." I warned before grabbing onto Chloe's shoulder. " I'll be fine in a few hours Bruce. My healing is quicker then Steve's."

" Wouldn't say the same for Dahlia though." Jami muttered.

" Dahlia?" Steve questioned

" She tried to take over, we're having a mental dispute." I said.

" Mental dispute?" Jami demanded. " You mentally punched her."

" Yeah well, the last time I let her out someone died, Jami." I snapped at her and all the color drained from Chloe's face. " I...I'm gonna go check on her." Chloe said before she disappeared. " Great, now Chloe is going to hibernate again." Jami said before following after her.

" I'm gonna head back to New York, call if you need anything." I said before stepping off the ship and taking to the sky. I would have teleported but I needed some time to think, and to let the others cool off.

I was halfway to New York, when I felt it, another presence. " Chloe, is-"

" Yes, another is awakening. Aria, we need to find it."

I followed the trail of energy to it's last known location, but by the time I reached it, the building was empty; well, empty as in everyone was dead. I noticed Banner's friend on the ground and started toward her, only to stop when Steve suddenly appeared. " Aria, what are you doing here?"

" You have to stop him." Cho said. " He's uploading himself into the body. The real power is inside the cradle. The gem, it's power, is uncontainable. You can't jus blow it up, you have to get the cradle to Stark. "

" We have to find it first." I pointed out.

Happy New Year