Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Snarky, was one word to describe her.

Another was rude, and unfiltered. She was like a prototype of Tony Stark, that hadn't quite got the message that she could stop talking at any moment. The girl did nothing but rant for the rest of the day, that and argue with Chloe about random, meaningless things. And they weren't quiet about it either, I thought Odin was going to have me thrown in a cell just to make the arguing stop.

She had long ebony black hair and skin as white paper, the only thing that threw off her appearance was the line of freckles across her nose, while the most hypnotizing thing were her eyes; they were red, as red the eyes of one of those weird vampires from Twilight, it was weird when she just stared at you because they seemed to stare straight into your soul.

" So, since Chloe has a name, I should totally have a cooler one." She said and Chloe gave her a look, but I spoke up before another argument could start. " How about Dahlia." I suggested.

" Why that one?" She asked.

" Because, we're in Asgard' I responded" And Dahlias can be red and black." I said.

" You mean like this." She said and both Chloe and I turned to find her twisting that very flower between her fingers by the stem. Chloe rolled her eyes before disappearing, the newly named Dahlia not far behind her. " Peace at last." I whispered, just before a soldier rounded the corner.

" Lady Stone, you are requested-"

" Seriously." I cried having read his mind.

********

Chloe appeared next to me as we were walking down the stairs, but I noticed that Dahlia was absent this time, something I was thankful for. Loki was pacing in his cell, but he turned when he heard us coming. " Tell the guard to let you in, and then tell him to go." I heard Loki say in my mind and I stared at him in confusion before glancing toward Chloe, who nodded before going to talk to the guard.

Once the guard had walked away, Chloe stood watch outside, while I went in to talk to Loki. " A new round of prisoners came in earlier, I need you to read someone's mind for me." Loki said low enough to where only I could hear, and I glanced toward the cell where a large, horned creature stood. I tried to focus on the train of thoughts in his head, but after a few minutes, I shook my head. " It's to scrambled, I can't make it out."

" Why not let the space princess try." Dahlia said suddenly appearing in a chair behind Loki. " Don't start." I told her.

" Start what? I'm not starting anything?" She told me before looking over at Loki who seemed confused by her presence. " I'm Dahlia. If Chloe is Rebellion, then I'm obviously-"

" A pain in my butt." I heard Chloe mutter and Dahlia glared at her. " Look here, miss Prissy-"

" Could you two, not do this right now." I pleaded and they went quiet. " I'm really not getting anything, in fact its just like if I were to try and read Bruce's mind when he hulks out, two minds at war for control."

" Then it is as I fear...."

 " Aria, the guard is coming back." Chloe called out and I glanced toward Loki as he made a face. " You should go, before your caught down here." Loki told us and I nodded but as I turned to step passed the barrier, I noticed the creature watching me.

" Loki told us and I nodded but as I turned to step passed the barrier, I noticed the creature watching me