What Anyone Would Do [Ryoma x Reader]

When NdragonEyes wants you to write an xreader oneshot about a literal lobster

... alright then

STORYTIME!

Ryoma was only a thirteen year old prince at the Time. He was a rather calm child and he got along well with his little sister Hinoka, who was six. He also rather enjoyed his stepmother and her newborn child Makoto and Corrin. Though stepmother insists on just being called mother. He does his best to oblige. Ryoma knows he has big expectations resting on his shoulders and he will do his best to meet those expectations.

So as he was walking around the Hoshidan castle on free reign, with only a simple Hoshidan ninja or two following him to protect him from assasinations or such. Just as an extra precaution. Ryoma looked over towards the bushes, hearing a rustling. He expected to see a small animal hop out of the bushes, however it was not that in the slightest.

There was a smaller, injured child about the age of ten that just ran out of the bushes and collapsed on the ground. The child, or you, had wounds all over their body and sobs choking in their throat. Ryoma hurriedly fell to his knees and turned you to your back rather than on your side. He watched the tears spill outwards and down your cheeks towards your ears as you looked in his chocolate brown eyes.

"Help.... Momma... hurt.... kill... Daddy..."

Ryoma watched the ten year old child close their eyes and go limp, barely breathing. Even as a teenager Ryoma knew he hadn't to take responsibility and being you back to the castle to be healed. Stepmother, uh, mother knew exactly what to do with someone like you. Ryoma just had to get you there. First, he had to make sure you weren't in dark thoughts, even in rest.

"Don't worry, I'll get you taken care of."

Ryoma wriggled his arms between you and the ground, gently lifting you up on his lap, then taking one knee at a time to a crouched position. He stood out of the squatted positional nd made sure you were secure in his arms, in a bridal style carrying position. Even as an unconscious person, he had to make sure you were comfortable. As well as he.

"I just need to take you to the Queen."

Ryoma started hurriedly walking towards the castle, knowing if he was to run he would most likely drop you. He wouldn't want to injure you further, now would he? The ninjas stayed in the shadows in case any attackers tried to get Ryoma while he was preoccupied. They couldn't preoccupy themselves! What if the prince was killed and they couldn't do a thing about it? They left the resourceful prince on his own for this problem.

Time Skip

You woke up in a bed, covered in banadages and eyes wet from crying. You had a crick in your neck. You sat up and looked into your tiny hands. Your tiny, ten year old hands. You had to remind yourself that you were only ten and not older, like people expected you to act like. Your hands then went over your cheek and shoulder. Wait a second.

Your shoulder was covered in a bandage and your cheek didn't nearly sting as much as it did when you were struck. You thought that stinging pain would last forever. That's when you move your gaze up from the white blankets covering you to the concerned brown eyes of a boy wearing lots of red and havin his hair up in a brunette ponytail. He noticed you were awake and clear relief washed over his face, despite not bothering to smile. It's not like you were smiled att often anyways.

"Good, you're awake. I was worried you died on us. You've been out for a few days. I wouldn't want anyone to die like that."

You felt another's tear escape your eye. Someone cared if you died or not? After your father's was murdered by your mother you thought the last person who cared about you was robbed from you. Then you're mothwr slapped you when you yelled stuff her for what she had done. She was psycho. That whole ordeal shouldn't be something  ten year old has to bare.

"You... saved me?"

Ryoma rose an eyebrow. You stumble into the Hoshidan castle, injured and crying, and expect to be crudely turned away, killed  or something else he'd care not list in this string of text? No way that's simply impossible. Ryoma took his hand, a slightly bigger thirteen year old hand, and placed it over yours. He smiled right into your eyes, trying to implant the thought in your head.

"This is Hoshido. It's what anyone would do."

779 words. Wow I suck at writing. Everybody go home. I don't deserve you.

~Eva