"So when y'all talked it was only about that? Not about y'all working to get back together or nothing."

He chuckled, "Mink, I broke up with her why imma talk about that?"

"She might!"

He nodded, "she brought it up."

"Saying?" You had to push with Jodie and it was so annoying sometimes.

"Asking if this was a break or a break up, asking if we could give it some time and then try again."

"And you said?"

He just looked at me before leaning up, "I want you."

I rolled my eyes. "You did not say that shit."

He chuckled, "we hear to talk about us Mink. If I was still trying to be with her I wouldn't have broken up with her. So if that's what you trying to spend your time doing, then you wasting mine."

I couldn't stand him. "You said to prove I want you and I've done just that," he continued. "Ended it with my girl. Told Bryan to cut the shit, speaking of," he stated as he stared a hole in my face not finishing the statement. But I already knew why, Bryan and I had been texting still and he clearly told him but it wasn't even nothing like that. Conversations were casual as hell.

"It's not even like that."

"But you be texting him damn near everyday?" He questioned.

"It's not everyday.," I stated as I threw my hands up. "You don't talk to me that much." He let out.

"Why would I need to talk to a taken man that's not mine that much?" I questioned.

"I am yours." He let out causing an automatic eye roll out of me and a smile I couldn't control. "Jodie shut up."

"I'm just saying." He smiled. "And who said I wanted you to be my man?" I questioned.

He stood up, going to grab his phone that started to ring. Stopping before even getting to it as he faced me. "You don't want to be my girl?" He asked as his eyes pierced into mine.

He looked good as hell. His thick lips slightly parted, some of his dreads coming forward over one of his shoulders, his muscles bulging through. I looked him up and down having to break the eye contact. "Can't say yet," I responded as I looked back at him. "Depends on how you act."

He laughed as he continued to grab his phone that had stopped ringing by this point, he looked down at it before locking it and just throwing it in his pocket.

He came over to me, pulling me off the bed as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I know you a hard one, but this shit between us is going to work." He stated. "I'm going to show you why them other niggas ain't last."

"Mmm, I hear you. Actions speaker louder than words over here." I responded as a knock came through on the door. Jodie responded for them to open it, "game night?" Chris asked as he looked between the two of us. His eyes pleading as if he needed us to say yes.

Jodie looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders as he told Chris we were down.

———

I pulled up to Aria's ready to dish this tea on Chris that I'd found out the night before. I ended up staying at Jodie's after we played games with Chris and Jasmine, resulting in a late night.

As soon as I entered Aria's I saw that Kennedy was there too. I slightly rolled my eyes and spoke to Aria as I felt Kennedy's eyes on me.

"Hey Mink," Kennedy let out. I gave a fake closed mouth smile, not even speaking back as I took a seat.