Chapter 23.

"You've seen him like five times this month though Jess! Baby girl I know it's something deeper than Aaliyah's death... Forgive me for mentioning it... I love you Jess but I don't even know if you want to be with me anymore!" Craig said as I got dressed in my jeans, jordans and vest top. The first time I saw Chresanto was a very long time ago and Romeo had gotten in contact with me two weeks ago telling me Chres was getting out very soon, I wanted to see him as much as possible to be sure if I truly wanted to be with him still or Craig. However due to my over-thinking I had neglected Craig a bit.

"Craig... You think just because I'm getting dressed I'm going to see Chresanto? Boy go have a look in the refrigerator, now are you coming or not?" I said, I didn't want to upset Craig so I guess I won't see Chres. I dialled Romeo's number.

R- "The fuck is this?"

Me- "I swear you're too rude, can you drop me off Chresanto's car?"

R- "Jess that's long, where's your car?"

I coughed.

R- "Oh shit yeah... Um I'll come drop it off ok? How are you though?"

Me- "Thanks and not too bad."

R- "Girl I know you missing Santo, he's expecting you today you know."

Me- "I can't go see Chres, I need to spend time with Craig."

R- "If you don't go see him today you're going to be forced to, I'm just warning you." His tone changed, he was usually playful but obviously Chres came before me.

Me- "Romeo I can't neglect my boyfriend, tha-"

R- "CHRESANTO AUGUST IS YOUR FUCKING BOYFRIEND JESSICA QUIT WITH THE SHIT, GET YOUR ASS TO THE JAIL TODAY AM I UNDERSTOOD?!" He shouted cutting me off, usually I'd argue back if he got an attitude with me but that's when I knew Chres was around to protect me... Romeo would hurt Craig bad if I didn't go.

Me- "Yes Romeo, just make sure his car is brought."

I hung up the phone just after Romeo kissed his teeth and walked back into the house where Craig was sitting at the bottom of the steps fully clothed.

"You have to see him don't you?" He said sadly, I nodded "I love you Craig, I'm so sorry." I said taking a seat next to him and kissing his cheek. "You mean that? You really love me?" He said, "Yes Craig I do love you, really really." I said smiling, I wasn't lying. The more time I spent with Craig the more I loved him but yes you guessed it I was still deeply in love with Mr Chresanto August.

"Jess I do love you honestly but when Chresanto comes out I don't think he'll allow us to be together..." He said sadly, "Chres just wants me to be happy C... Come see him with me today? Just talk to him..." I said, straight after I knew that was the worst idea ever, "Actually Craig you can't, Chres isn't one to be played with..." I sighed and got up checking the time, 11am, the most shit happens in the morning.

Craig came behind me and hugged my waist, "Maybe we don't belong together... You belong with Chresanto and the fact you haven't cut me off yet says you think so too..." He said, "Craig I love you though these two years with you have been amazing." I said. He took his arms from around me, "If I was Ray then it would work out because he'd be willing to fight and die for you... That isn't me. You need Chresanto," He said then walked into the front room, "Please let us leave on good terms, I packed your bags... Go follow your heart baby girl." He kissed my cheek and passed me my handbag and suitcase. My phone began vibrating.

R- "I'm outside bitch hurry your bitch self up ok bitch?"

Me- "Ok Romeo." I sighed, I wasn't in the mood to play with him.