[3] Firefox.

INSANE editing skills to the right. That's Vixen all right.

 ----

     Vixen sighed in relief, finally having reached his apartment after leaving Zane's. He peeled off the ruined clothes he hadn't changed since the battle and threw them in a corner before making his was to the bathroom. There, he looked in the mirror, noticing the bandage wrapped around the base of his ear was blood soaked, meaning he'd have to change it.

     He unwrapped the material, flinching at the sight. One of the ravens had practically stabbed his ear with its beak, leaving a small hole in which he could, disturbingly enough, see through. Vixen tried moving the ear, but it barely budged, instead leaving him with an ache. He prepared some bandage to wrap around it once he would get out of the shower.

     Walking in the room, he grabbed his pants from the ground, rummaging in its pockets for the bag of pills, from which he took two painkillers. With that, he took a well deserved shower, almost falling asleep in the process.

     After bandaging the ear and pulling some boxers on, he threw himself on the soft, inviting mattress and curled into a ball, welcoming unconsciousness with open arms.

<><><><><><><><><> 

     Later that day, the sunset's orange rays sneaked between rows of buildings, eventually reaching the hero's apartment, the light shaping a black figure standing at his window, the way it would every single evening. Vixen just woke up, and was now staring at it, the way he would every evening.

     It was a crow.

     Vixen couldn't recall the first time it appeared at his window, but he felt as if it has always been a part of his life. Throughout the years, the bird would always come and stand there, and not once did the hero pull the curtains together.

     That it belonged to Crow, the hero was sure. It was the one raven that would always victoriously stand on the villain's shoulder and watch with matching empty eyes the surroundings. What he didn't know was its purpose of visiting every evening. He considered it being some spy, but there wasn't much to spy on. All he did in his apartment was sleep and waste time, so he didn't see the bird as a threat.

     With a sigh, Vixen broke eye contact, standing up from the bed to look for decent clothes. He had to walk around the city and make sure everything was fine, like the hero he was. He might not be able to protect Thursday City from its villain, but he could face thieves and rescue cats stuck in trees.

     And so he walked on his not-so-merry way, halfheartedly darting glances here and there. The dominant orange of the sky eventually turned into pitch black as the evening turned into night. When he stepped into an alley between two apartment complexes, he noticed a small girl sitting on the stairs of a building entrance. He approached her, sitting next to her on the cold cement steps.

     "It's kind of late to stay outside, don't you think?" he asked the girl in the softest tone he could manage.

     She looked about 6 years old, in an overall aspect of innocence. She was wearing a pink shirt matching the bow in her hair and light jeans. Her dark strands were tied in two uneven ponytails that bounced as she turned her head to reveal a toothy grin.

     She looked up at the man before her, standing in the light coming out of the apartments' windows, in what she saw as the pure image of hero superiority. The figure she drew countless times was now moving as he breathed, watching her with glowing amber eyes she never found the right coloured crayon for.