⇝ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ⇜

Comincia dall'inizio

She finally got Doc's attention when most of the customers had been taken care of. He took one look at her stomach and his eyes practically popped out of his skull.

"Hey, we need to talk. Alone," Wynonna told him, side-eyeing Rosita as she spoke.

"Oh, yes, absolutely," he stuttered and looked around at the very crowded bar. "We'd best get downstairs."

~

Doc leaned against the dusty bar downstairs and combed his fingers through his facial hair. "You're.."

"Uh huh," Wynonna affirmed. "And it might be yours."

"Might be?"

"Yeah, might be. There's no way to know for sure unless you come with me and do a blood test."

Doc crossed his arms. "Just how many men have you been 'seeing' as of late?"

"None of your business really, but I could ask you the same thing."

"Touché." His expression didn't change, but he headed back towards the stairs. "We might as well go find out. And Wynonna-" He paused to turn to her, locking eyes. "If the child is mine, I will be exactly as involved as you want me to."

~

Nicole returned to the homestead after Dolls was cleared at the hospital. Nobody was home aside from the passed out hellhound on the sofa. She made herself some hot cocoa and sat down in an unoccupied armchair to watch whatever happened to be on TV, getting lost in the intensive channel surfing until the room became suffocatingly warm.

"Oh! You're awake!" The redhead turned her attention to Reina who was squinting out the window. "She's gone, you can relax.. please? I'm dying here."

"Sorry." The room cooled back down to normal temperature. Reina sat up and pushed a blanket off of her. "Waverly?"

"Waverly," Nicole replied with a smile.

The hellhound laughed. "Nice gesture, but a little unnecessary, considering. Did I miss anything?"

"Snake demon's dead, Wynonna's pregnant, and you're awake now so that's good.. I think that's everything."

"Whoa wait, what was that last thing?"

"You're awake now?"

"Before that."

"Lucy's dead."

"After that."

Nicole grinned. "I know, just messing with you. Wynonna's pregnant."

"She is! With who?"

"She doesn't know."

"Really? Damn, that triangle she's caught up in got bigger."

"About that.." Nicole muted the TV, then switched seats to join Reina on the sofa.

"...Why do you look like you just killed someone's puppy?"

The officer sighed. "I don't want to intervene in this, but you're both important to me and I don't want either of you getting hurt. Wynonna's baby is either Doc's or a now-dead revenant's. You're right about the triangle, though. I don't know if she likes you but I can tell something's going on there."

Reina had no words for how insane that concept sounded to her. She knew her fate and she knew that the heir was an enormous part of it, but this was coming from nowhere.
"...Are you sure? You might be seeing things."

Nicole laughed. "I'm sure, and you should talk to her about it."

"Or not. She's got enough going on, I'm not a homewrecker."

"There's really no home to wreck, though."

"She's freaking pregnant what do you mean there's 'no home to wreck'?"

"Hey, okay, please calm down. Your uh.."

Reina's hair was ablaze. She huffed and brought her hand up to reabsorb the flame. Nicole looked amused, which didn't help Reina's current state of mild anger.

"What's so funny?"

"I'm sorry, the only time I've ever seen something like that happen was in Hercules."

Reina let out an aggravated growl and slumped back into the sofa.

"You can tell me if I'm wrong, I didn't mean to be pushy about it."

"I honestly don't know. Even if I did like her.." She trailed off and gestured to her hair. "Yikes. And on top of that mess, she's straight."

"So is spaghetti-"

"Don't."

"Just kidding. I have no clue if it's you she's into or just the idea of you, and that's a dangerous territory."

"Then why say anything?"

"Because it's so painfully obvious and neither of you were picking up on it."

Reina shook her head. "We're just friends, there's nothing else to it."

"We're friends too, I've known you longer, and I'm still a little mad you kept the 'Cujo' thing a secret for this long but that's a different conversation. But you don't look at me or Waves or anyone the same way you look at her."

"You're definitely seeing things. My feelings towards her are mixed at best, she's a good friend and that's all."

"Okay," Nicole replied earnestly.

"Now that that's sorted.." Reina got up and retrieved Bambi from the cabinet under the TV. She turned back to show the DVD to Nicole and used her puppy dog eyes to be extra convincing.

"Could you maybe find something sadder?" The redhead responded sarcastically. "Okay, put it in."

"You're the greatest."

"And you're an idiot for thinking I'd say no to Disney."

With the addition of popcorn, they started watching the movie and got almost halfway through before the front door opened.