Chapter 5

Waking up, you smelled the scent of... well... it smelled like roses and different types of flowers. Having your mind back in order, once you woke from this daze, there was no light outside... quiet... and dark. Perhaps peaceful. Looking around, Levi wasn't around, so leaving the warm comfort of your bed was so difficult to do... but you managed.

Walking into the hall, it was dark, only with candles lit. Approaching the warm, lit flame, you smelled it. The rose scent was coming from the candles... that's why the whole apartment smelled like that.

Continuing your path for answers, you find Levi, sleeping on the couch. How cute he looked as his ears twitched, mumbling something, but you couldn't figure it out. Kneeling next to him, his ears twitched before his eyes opened. You only had enough light from the candles around, but it wasn't enough to fully see his face.

"(y/n), what are you doing up?" He asks with a yawn. "You were completely passed out..."

"I just woke up to the smell... scented roses?"

He smiles, "Yeah... sorry if that bothered you a bit... the lights... went out. And... well, call me afraid or something, but I didn't want to be alone in the dark..." He stands up, shaking his head. "But first things first... let's get you back into bed, so you can sleep... it is midnight-"

"That early?"

Levi shakes his head as he guided you back to your room. "No, that late, brat..." Once you arrived into your room, Levi started to tuck you into bed. "Now, go sleep-"

"And what? Have you sleep alone on the couch? No way..." You say, holding him back. You didn't want him to leave... he was so comforting to be around.

He sighs, "Fine... but let me blow the candles out, okay? Don't want to burn your lovely apartment down..." He says with a purr before leaving.

"Okay..." You whispered, almost falling asleep without his warmth and you wished for him to come soon... because he was... your little light.

*   *   *

Over your waist, you felt a heavy thing dangle over. Then, you felt someone move closer to you with an arm slithering under your side. Your breath staggered as you heard that familiar chuckle. "Hey, (y/n)... I told you I'll be back, right?"

"Levi..." You say with a chuckle. "You did... you did promise..."

Purrs start to come from his throat, rocking you to sleep. "Tch... to be honest and fair... I rather sleep near you than to sleep all alone with light... I hate to be alone..." He says, nuzzling his head into your back as his grip tightened. "And... not to mention, I did fall for you..."

"Heh... why did I fall for you as well, Levi?" You asked him before drifting to sleep with his purrs rocking you to sleep. 

The rhythm of the purrs were so full of love, taking away everything that hurt you in the past, present, and perhaps the future. It was Levi's lullaby... and that he cared about you. His arms that wrapped around you was a protection, keeping you close so he can protect you from every harm that comes. His cold stares would force everyone away from you... there was no doubt about that. Levi was your angel... and that he was loyally yours.