I sniffle and and nod. "Okay. I'll do that then."

"That's good." She smiles and hugs me tightly. "I'll speak to the girls about this, too."

I return the smile and hug her back. "Thank you."

"For what?" She questions.

"For being in my life and filling it with peace and bliss. You and the girls. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without you four." I explain.

She chuckles and shakes her head. "Anything for our princess."

Next the girls enter the room, smiling widely.

"Group hug!" Dee exclaims, earning a chuckle from all of us. So we end up hugging each other tightly.

End of flashback.

PRESENT DAY . . .

Five years ago, I felt pain, hurt and sorrow.

The divorce broke me, but somewhat healed me and changed me.

It taught me many things. My love for my sisters, brothers and family very much increased. Along the way, I learned to love myself, too.

I tried to fight. I tried to be strong and overcome the pain I suffered.

Back then, I felt isolated. I felt messed up and left out. All the time. I cried every time. I almost withdrew myself from the outside world. I broke every time but not anymore.

I was backstabbed, lied to and abused — emotionally and physically. I fell in love with the person who didn't love me back. (Unrequited love). Falling in love with him was the worst mistake of my life.

I thought I could never move on, but as it turns out, I can and I have.

I overcame the pain and put myself and my child first. Actually children. I gave birth to beautiful twin daughters who are 4 years of age, almost turning 5. The girls named the twins, Ava and Mae. Mae's full name is Maejae, but we kept it as Mae, short and sweet.

However, I'm not raising them alone. I'm with someone else and happily engaged to him.

Throughout the span of five years, I found love again. My mother and my friends said that I deserve to be happy and deserve so much better — I guess they were right.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrap around me, pulling me into a back hug. I smile, knowing who it is. "Hey, future wife." A familiar voice whispers in my ear.

I giggle. "Hey, future husband." I turn my head and glance at him.

"Shall we go to the mall today? You, me and the twins?" He asks, kissing my cheek from behind me.

"Of course." I reply, blushing a little.

He holds my hand. "I love you, Han Jaeyeon."

"And I love you, Mark Tuan." I smile and hold his hand too.

Both of us chuckle and exit the kitchen, picking up the twins from the living room and get them ready to go out to the shopping mall.

Taehyung's POV

After exiting the Gucci store, I decide to take a stroll in the huge shopping mall, looking around for any other clothes shops that may catch my attention again.

Whilst walking, I spot a few ladies glancing at me and giggling as soon as they see me. I smile to myself and shake my head. I guess my charm still hasn't rubbed off on women, hey?

I enter another clothes shop, looking at white shirts and black shirts to match with my ties and blazers.

Unaware of my surroundings, I accidentally bump into someone and I immediately apologise.

I glance at the person and my eyes widen. The person apologises, then looks at me and mirrors my reaction. Standing in the same spot in pure dismay, my bags slip from my fingers without realising.

Tears begin to fill my eyes and my lips slightly part in shock. My hands tremble a little and a lump in my throat forms. "Jae?" I utter.

She gazes at me with the same expression. "Taehyung?"

I hadn't seen her in five years. Here she is now, standing right before my eyes.

My heart-rate accelerates, tears begin to fall. I'm speechless — I don't know what to say.

I didn't think I'd ever see her again.

____________________________

Christmas has almost ended here, so it is more or less a Christmas special chapter. I hope you all had a lovely day/night. 💜

I also hope you all enjoyed this chapter with Jae's entrance. You'll all love her character in the future chapters, cos she's returned stronger than ever and sassy again. *oops I spoiled too much* 🙊

Btw, thank you tons for the 1K reads on Guardian Angel😭if you haven't read it, pls check it out. It would mean the world to me💖

What do you think of the story so far? Story feedback is appreciated >>>

I love you all so much and just know that you all deserve to be loved and happy every single day♥️

See you all in the next update👋