'Why, is he gay?' - Chapter Four

Mulai dari awal

"What?" I asked her quietly as to not draw any more attention to ourselves.

"Don't pretend like you didn't just silent flirt with Matthew freaking James!" She squealed.

"Wait, how do you know Matthew?"

"Jess!" Rachel whispered patronisingly, "Funnily enough we go to the same school! Besides, everyone knows Matthew James, he's totally gorgeous, right?"

"I guess," I said casually, "Why did no-one mention him when we were talking about fit boys last night then?"

"Because Matthew's what they call a dream boy!" I stared at her quizzically. "He doesn't date anyone even though everyone wants to date him!"

"Why, is he gay?"

"Jess!" Rachel spluttered in shock, "Matthew is most definitely not gay, couldn't you tell by the way he was flirting with you just then?"

"Oh." I blushed. "Well, then why doesn't he date?"

"I don't know," Rachel replied. "He's very religious and hard-working, he probably doesn't have time!"

"How can you not have time to date? Who does he think he is? The king or something!" I don't know why I was so angry at him not dating anyone; it wasn't like I was volunteering or anything! I guess it just seemed a bit pompous, as if he was too good for everyone else.

"Very close." Rachel riddled, only to be met with my confused face.

"So then," I focused back on Mrs Clarke, "I will take this opportunity before you go to say a huge welcome to all of you and to wish you all good luck with your forthcoming year of school. And an even bigger welcome to Matthew James and Felicity Arnold who will be taking over the role of Head Boy and Girl this year, I wish you both the very best of luck."

I was in shock, Matthew was the head boy? Well I guess that explained why he was so busy but still... Wow, the head boy just silent flirted with me! Well, at least that's what Rachel thinks, I'd say that he was probably just being nice!

"Thanks very much for listening and I hope you all have a great first day." Mrs Clarke continued. "Oh, and Jessica Fletcher and Rachel Monroe please can you stay behind at the end, I need to talk to you. Everyone else may go."

Crap. Time to face the music.

"So then, I hope you won't make a habit of being late to things again." Mrs Clarke concluded.

Rachel and I nodded meekly. She had given us a lecture and a half and I was sure that I would never be late again.

Man, she was good! I didn't even realise that she'd seen us, not as much as a glance in our direction! Well, I'll have to be careful in the future for sure!

I walked out of the hall hand in hand with Rachel; as soon as we got through the door we had a massive hug to congratulate each other on surviving that.

"What have you got now?" I asked Rachel, not wanting to leave her.

"Art. You?"

"Maths. Hey you've got Geography later right?"

"Yes." Rachel looked somewhat hesitant to answer my question.

"Say hi to 'loverboy' from me, alright?" I joked much to Rachel's dismay.

"I hate you Jess!" She shouted as she walked away towards her art class.

"Love you too babe!" I called after her as I made my way to maths.

Maths. Ewww, maths means meeting new people!

I opened the door of my maths room, here goes nothing!

"Hi, sorry I'm late sir. I'm Jessica Fletcher." I introduced myself to the old man at the front of the room.

"Late on the first day, not a good start Jessica is it?" God, I hated him already!

"No?" Please don't say I was going red with the embarrassment of being made an example of by this scary man.

"No indeed. Well your lateness comes with downfalls I'm afraid Jessica; you've lost the privilege of choosing where you sit! Please take the spare seat and stop disrupting my lesson." I looked around to see the empty seat.

There it was, right next to him. Guess I wouldn't have to make new friends in maths after all.

"Hey," Danny called merrily.

///////////////////////////

Eeeeek!! Anyone recognise that name from anywhere?? So how does Jess know Danny and what on earth's going on here? Also it looks like Jess hasn't made the greatest of starts with Mrs Clarke but at least she got to see Matthew which I know a lot of you will be happy about! There will be some more background stuff on Jess and Danny in the next chapter which should be uploaded on Saturday/Sunday.

The song is 'Once Upon a Dream' from Sleeping Beauty which is an absolute tune! The reason is, as you can probably guess, because we all know Danny from somewhere but we still don't know that much about him! Okay this is getting to be a long authors note so don't forget to vote/comment/tell your friends, whatever you like to do and see you soon!! :)

~LunaCresta :D