16//Chapter Sixteen - At the mall

Start from the beginning

I now realise that you don't always have to argue. Just accept.

We got a table and he ordered for pizza and ice cream. We continued gisting, he flirted with me for a while, boys nah, it's a normal thing. Until I decided to bring out my phone to save his number and I saw twelve missed calls from Tobi and nine from Mofe. The hell?

I was about to return Tobi's call when he called for the thirteenth time in less than thirty minutes. I picked up the call and he started shouting. I didn't wait to listen to what he had to say, I disconnected the call. Then I called Mofe.

"Hello" I spoke waiting for a response and I got one within seconds.

"Where are you?" He shouted but in a less angry tone than Tobi.

"What is it? Why are you shouting?" I asked confused.

"Answer the damn question!" He shouted.

"At the pizza shop?" I said more like a question than an answer and he cut the call. What's going on? Is it the effect of the movie?

"Any problem?" Desmond asked.

"Uh, no"

In less than five minutes, Tobi and Mofe walked into the pizza shop, their eyes scanning the whole place hoping to spot me. I didn't wave or call out their names and I don't know why. Finally Mofe spotted me and dragged Tobi who was searching over to the table occupied by Desmond and I.

"We've been looking for you and here you are with some-"Tobi paused for a moment and eyed up Desmond before continuing "dude, what if you were kidnapped?"

"Well, I wasn't so how was your movie?" I asked trying to change the topic.

"Let's leave" Mofe suggested. Throughout Desmond was quiet but when Mofe said we should leave, he spoke up.

"She's with me, she can't just leave like that" Desmond spoke up.

___

Tobi's P.O.V

"She's with me, she can't just leave like that" The unintelligent, dumb, foolish guy I met Chioma with spoke up. In this case, I judged the book by its cover and my results were accurate. He looked so dumb and he's actually dumb and stupid.

"Chioma, let's go" Mofe said ignoring that dumb guy. Sometimes Chioma is just so stupid. For fuck's sake, why him?

"Desmond, I need to go, I'm kinda with them, we'll talk later" Chioma bade the dumb guy goodbye and dragged her trolley away from us. Oh, she's angry now? It should be the other way round. Mofe and I followed her but not before glaring at him and he smirked which annoyed me more.

He's gonna be competition, I have to get rid of him.

Chioma got to the car before us. Mofe opened the car automatically from where were with his keys so she could empty the trolley of her shopping bags.

She got into the car and sat there staring out of the window. We got into the car and left the mall.

"Chioma why did you just go like that and we were calling you why didn't pick up?" Mofe asked.

Silence

"And we were here worried not knowing you were with some random guy" Mofe said.

Silence

"Chioma I'm talking to you" Mofe continued.

Silence

"Okay now it's the silent treatment you don't want to answer me right? No problem I'm pretty sure it's because of that dumb dude" Mofe snapped.