I was deep in thought when Enzo crept behind me without making any sound.

"What's this smell, its great?" he startles me with his energetic voice that had woken me from my thoughts about him.

"Didn't mean to scare you, sorry" he said while opening the fridge for a milk.

"No, you hadn't" I replied while he was heating up the milk in microwave and our eyes locked like a mice in front of snake.

I moved my gaze from him and started cleaning the shelf near the stove that was covered with flour and potatoes paste. I turn the roti around on pan and sprinkle oil as it made the chiss sound. I noticed him behind me and yet this was having an effect on me. I put the roti in plate and turned around to give it to him.

"Potato stuff parathas for today's break fast, along with yogurt."

Securing the plate in his hands as my fingers breezed his. A shiver went through my veins.

"Oh, its smells great" he cooed like a baby "I am so hungry" placing the plate on dining table. We work in rhythm as I give he took and place on table until everything was on table.

A glass of water, our separate plates, and a cup of tea, fork, spoon and knife just incase but I use my hand which is easy for me since I was train this way.

We are facing each other and it's hard to eat as I kept getting caught in his black net like stare. I made a silent prayer and began to use my hand to make a bite.

To notice his hesitancy I stopped.

"You can use fork and knife" I said "if you don't like yogurt then you can have it with tea" I told him satisfyingly and he just nodded.

I dipped my bite in yogurt and devour the creamy, spicy flavors. When he couldn't enjoy with fork he said he wanted to learn how to eat with hands. I showed him
how it's done. During that short period of time he had smiled so much that I thought how will I eat my every breakfast now. He got a beautiful smile and flashes
those white straight teeth whenever he smiles.

When we were finished and sipping our tea I asked "so what's your plan for Christmas" (which is this Saturday and today is Wednesday so in two more days).

He put his cup down and said "well, nothing much! But I am expecting my neighbor for Christmas basically not my friend but my dad's friend. The nurse told me she will come. So I am going to meet her."

I wiped my oily hands and asserted "great...I thought if you were going to be alone maybe we could hangout together."

I finished in one breath. As he was staring he said "thank you but I have a company who I am going to get rid of soon that day plus I want to spend the Christmas alone because then it will become a habit which I know at some point won't be possible."

I stare at him and didn't blink because if I am not mistaken he clearly stated that he doesn't want to hang out with me. Which can mean so many things in so many different ways? I took the cup to my lips and sipped the last bit of tea to clear the lump that all of the sudden has landed.

"But Black" taking my hand to my chest "I am your little sister from another mother. How could you?"

That hook him off with a grin.

"Its okey. I know you are attracted to me but anyway I just wanted to let you know that if you didn't wanted to be alone you can lean on me. I am always there for you like a little sister. Hey don' worry. I also happened to have a company that day so."

I could totally see the rejecting sadness on his face but my coolness had vanished it slowly. I got up and washed my plates and placed in strainer.