Chapter 5

It was drizzling and Shivaay reached the port. Daksh's cell phone's last location. He ran around lika a lunatic asking the people if they had seen the woman or man whose photo he showed. His security team who had followed him were performing the same drill. He ran about the place like a mad man. A little more time Anika, I m coming!

He ran towards the dock. The night was abnormally cold for the climate and it was drizzling. Luck finally favoured him. He found a man who had seen the man with a ponytail.

"Where is he?" He asked in a mad hurry.

"He took the vessel, paid a heavy sum and left."

"Was there anyone with him? How man people on board?"

"His wife was. She was asleep. He was carrying her in his arms."

Shivaay gulped in the ball of anger."Which direction did they go in?" He spoke seeing the endless stretch of black sky and black waters.

"How does it matter?" The man said smiling. He had made a huge profit. 

Shivaay grabbed him by his shirt. "If you love yourself a little bit, give me details ." he barked. "Take me to them now!"

"Are you mad? If you love yourself don't venture in this weather. A storm is on the build. I had warned that man and I am warning you."

Shivaay fished out of his pocket a bundle of notes. He always kept reserve there. "Give me a vessel." He said thrusting the bundle into the man's hand.

The man eyed the money and showed Shivaay to a moderately sized ferry. It had. a lot of equipments spread out on its floor. It was perhaps used for training. The man showed him the motor and its demo. Shivaay couldn't wait for his men to find him and get to him in the dark. Anika needed him. He started the vessel in the direction suggested by the man and ventured out in the wild waters and wilder winds. 

The wind flapped his coat, there were sweat beads on his face and fire in his eyes. His eyes were in a continual search for the greyish white ship. 

He gulped as he saw one and he knew it was the one. He drove the ferry in the direction. As he neared it he switched off the motor. How would he get on board? He looked around. He could climb the rope after hooking it to the anchor that was visible to him. But, would he be able to do that? He rubbed his forehead worried. He looked around. His eyes fell on the ripe ladder. That should do better. Picking it quickly he got to the edge of the board and jumping he tried to get the hook of the ladder attached to the anchor of the ship. The ferry wobbled. He cursed and then shifted some weight to the other side of the vessel and resumed his efforts. He finally did it. Without second thoughts he started climbing. Luckily enough he had loved hiking and rick climbing in teenage so wasn't alien to the concept. After struggling he climbed up to the anchor. He was breathing hard. He closed his eyes momentarily and Anika's face came before him. Opening his eyes, he began struggling once again.

After some time, he finally climbed over the railing and landed on the dock of the ship.His hands reached to his pocket for the inhaler. Catching his breath he pumped. His feet refused to move. He held the railing and stood up. Anika! His anger gushed back in. He ran to the other side. He stopped when he heard Daksh 's laugh.