Chapter 4

The thunder echoed and there was heavy rain. Inside the house she was in peace, cooking. 

It had been two hours, yehy had finished their dinner and were retiring to bed when the storm outside got violent. Anika remembered the clothes put out for drying in the rear balcony. She ran out asking Gauri to ensure all windows were shut. She came in and keeping the umbrella aside, spread the clothes out in the living room. They were damp.

Another howling gush of wind set the glass in the window frame to vibration. The clattering glasses filled the room with a deadening vibe. She was about to enter her room when there was a screaming sound from the window frame and a sound of glass shattering followed.

"Oh, its that broken window, I guess, the kids had cracked it with their ball yesterday." said Gauri quickly.

The two rushed to see the damage. Her eyes fell on him. So did Gauri's . He was drenched in the rain, the strong wind couldn't move him. Anika felt rage boiling in herself. What did he think of himself? 

She made it to the door. Gauri called out to her asking her to let him be. Anika took the umbrella and ventured out.

Gauri sighed. She did not want her sister to forgive this man. She quickly called Omkara, informing him about his brother. But, she was in for a shock when Omkara said Shivaay deserved it. 

"He is your brother Omkara!"

"Before that what he did was wrong."

"I don't understand. Don't you love your brother? He might fall terribly sick if he doesn't bulge!" Gauri was shocked. She was sure she wouldn't say anything like that for her siblings.

"He is already very sick Gauri. Let him be. " he ended the call.

Gauri looked baffled. This man was weird. Was it the same man who went wild when his brother left the hospital in rage? 

He saw her stand before him looking into his eyes. He saw rage. He smiled a little. At least she couldn't ignore him. 

"Go away. I don't even want your shadow to fall on me or my sister. Haven't you done enough? What are you trying to prove by standing here outside our house? You want this locality also to insult us? "

His expression turned sober. She painted him in such a dark color. 

"Anika ,I just want, you to ..

" I have nothing to do with you. Nothing. If you want to do something for me, then I pray, never show me your face again. Let not your shadow also come in my sight."

Those word made him bleed. He couldn't stand her hatred for him. She was openly telling him how much she hated him. Maybthat's how she felt. Without another word he left. She stared and then returned to the warmth of her home shutting the door.