Chapter XI

"I'll meet you in 30 minutes." he says dropping me off, I nod about to close the door-

"WAIT!" he shrieks making me open the door quickly looking at him with wide eyes. He motions me to come closer, as I do he kisses me on the lips.

"You're an idiot." I say shaking my head smiling.

"Your idiot." he says giving me a goofy smile before I close the door and he parks at his house.

I walk into my house and stride upstairs. I lock my door before going to my closet and picking out a black dress with a long cut out back and black heels. I touch up my make up and recurl a few strands of hair near my face. I practice walking around in the heels a bit because you can never master the art of walking in heels.

   The door bell rings and I grab my phone and clutch then head downstairs. My mother has beaten me to the door and there stands Neymar, handsome as always in a suit. He's talking to my mom but then his eyes land on me and he smiles making me smile back.

"Have fun, you two." my mom says hugging me.

"Bye mom." I say as I grab Neymar's hand and walk out the door. He stops walking and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me close.

"You look stunning, as always, Ave." he whispers against my cheek before making his way to my lips. I kiss back; hard. It's getting a little heated before my front door opens and my mom stands there at the doorway.

"Are you guys going to go or does the neighborhood have to watch my grandchildren being made in the driveway?" she jokes making Neymar laugh as I grab his arm and quickly walk to the car.

  He starts the car and drives off the his friend's house that's hosting the party.

• • •

Neymar grabs my hand and helps me out of the passenger side. He holds me close as a few paparazzi gather around us snapping pictures and throwing a million questions per second.

  The music is loud as we get in. All around are his Santos team mates, coaches, and girlfriends.

  A bunch of his friends approach us giving Neymar bro hugs and handshakes congratulating him; they greet me and walk off for food, some even hugged me which clearly made Neymar smile uneasily.

  "You're a horrible dancer." he chuckles spinning me around.

"Oh yeah, and you're sooo pro." I giggle as he nearly trips over his own foot.

"Pshh, I did that on purpose." he says scoffing as I raise an eyebrow at him.

The music's volume lowers and a light is shown down onto one of the coaches.

"We'd like to properly thank and say goodbye to an amazing player who will be dearly missed." he announces as a light turns on and shines on Neymar as everyone around us claps their hands. I squint a bit at the bright light as Neymar kisses me on the cheek before approaching the coach talking. He takes pictures with many of the coaches and team mates making me smile in admiration. I pull my phone out and check the time; 11:58. I yawn a bit considering we have to get up early for our flight to Barcelona. After all the picture taking is done and people start leaving someone comes up from behind grabbing my waist making me gasp.

"This better be Neymar or else I'm not responsible for the injuries you're about to endure." I say slowly and carefully.

"I-it's me, don't hurt me, Ave." he laughs nervously putting his hands on the sides of my face before turning my head to face him.

"Surprise." he whispers against my lips before pulling me in and kissing me softly making me smile against his lips.

"Get a room you two." one of his friends jokes as he's walking out of the house.

    Neymar grabs my hand and we walk to the car. The drive home was filled with lip syncing and dancing. As we arrive in my drive way he turns and glances at me.

"See you tomorrow, Ave." he says smiling and kissing me.

"Bye Ney, can't wait to start our life together." I exit the car and skip happily inside my house, and upstairs. I hum peacefully falling backwards on my bed with thoughts of Neymar on my mind.