Chapter VI

2/5/09 [Birthday Day (18 years old)]

-Part II-

I clear my throat to break the silence in the car. He glances at me and as we make eye contact he tears his eyes back to the road.

"Can we just get the awkwardness over with." he said still looking at the road. I turn to look at him and he has a tiny smile making me automatically smile.

"Yeah, I don't get why there has to be any." I say a little disappointed. He probably just wants to forget the kiss, I don't even know why it's such a big deal to me, I've never felt anything more than friend feelings toward Neymar but that kiss has my mind turning upside down. I massage my temples as Neymar looks at me again.

"You okay, Ave?" he says with concern on his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a little headache." I say nodding.

We arrive home with the lights of my house turned off. Neymar comes over to my side of the car as I'm still looking at the house he opens the door.

"Thanks." I say smiling up at him as he grabs my hand to help me out.

We walk up to the house and I unlock the door.

"SUPRISSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE." Neymar and I's eyes widen at the relatives and friends that are over. They all laugh at the look on our faces.

"I'm going to go change." I whisper in his ear before running up the stairs making him nod his head.

[Neymar's P.O.V]

I go around hugging, smiling, and greeting everyone that has came. A few of my friends from Santos have showed up.

"Dude, why haven't you married Ava yet." they joke while greeting me with our signature handshake.

"I've told you guys about a million times, we're j-just friends." I say stuttering a little, my mind wandering back to that kiss at the store.

"If you don't marry her I will." he says averting his eyes to the stair case looking like he's in a trance, I turn my head to see what he's looking at ..

And it's Ava walking down slowly with her new dress, her hair curled, and a tiny bit of make up. My friend next to me that was staring at her wolf whistles making her smile as she walks down. I smack him on the back of the head before walking over to Ava.

[Back to Ava's P.O.V]

"You look like an angel." Neymar says softly with his eyes fixated on me. I can't help but blush and hug him.

"Thank you." I mutter into his neck as I step on tippy toes to wrap my arms around his neck. We get out of the hug as I am approached by many relatives. I greet each with a smile and hug.

   Everyone eats, drinks, and dances for a while until it's time to go home. A few of Neymar's friends from Santos slipped me their numbers. Neymar picked them up before I could read them and threw them away.

"Trust me, I've known them for a while." he says apologizing and assuring me I'm probably not going to miss those, I just shrug and listen to him.

As everyone scattered out the door, Neymar and I walked to our parents cleaning up the table.

"What is that you had to tell us?" Neymar and I said simultaneously making us both look at each other and laugh.

"Ahh, yes, you guys might want to have a seat." they say shakily while motioning us to the couch. Why are they acting so weird?

"Is the announcement bad or something?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"No, no, not all honey, it's just we don't know what you both will think of this." my mother says trying to assure me but it only makes my nervousness worse.

"Okay, so as you know we (she motions to her husband, my mom, and dad)

have been friends forever resulting in you two being the best of friends, we're a like one big family, but Ava, your mother and I have been talking about you two when we found out the genders of you guys and we decided that .. we wanted you two to get married as you get older." Neymar's mom and my mom finishing the end up together.

"We've arranged it already for you two to get married."