"I never asked, but how are you feeling?" Shawn asked as he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees.

"I'm good, a little back pain. A little nausea here and there but nothing I can't handle." I told him as I tied my shoes.

He nodded, "And you're taking your vitamins?"

I laughed, "Yes mom."

Shawn rolled his eyes playfully, "I'm just making sure."

"I know and I appreciate it. I just like to tease you." I tell him with a smile.

Shawn looked like he wanted to say something but he was preventing himself to. I could see he had something on his mind.

"What?" I asked as I stood up and grabbed my jean jacket.

"What?" He asked taken back from me suddenly asking him.

"You just look like you have something on your mind. So what is it?" I asked.

Shawn smiled and shook his head, "Nothing I was just lost in thought I guess."

I didn't believe him but I decided to let it go, "Yeah sure, well we should go down before we don't eat at all."

Shawn nodded and got up, we walked out of my room and down stairs. We got to the dinning room and seen everyone already sitting. The 'help' were setting down all the food which caused my stomach to growl. Shawn and I sat down next to each other and across from Serenity and her fiancé. Dad sat at the head table and the other end was vacant. I suppose mother won't be joining us, again. Not that I'm complaining.

"So I was thinking we can go dress fitting so they can get it trailered by the wedding. Then we will go gather things for the baby shower, oh we are going to need a caterer." Serenity said rather rushed, I'm sure she didn't take one breathe in between.

I laughed as I grabbed a waffle and put it on my plate, "Can we just please eat Ren?"

"Fine, so what are you boys going to do while we're out?" She asked as I was about to take a bite of the piece of waffle I just cut.

"Wait they're going to be doing something different?" I asked confused.

I then felt Shawn's hand grab mine from underneath the table. It was like he knew I was already stressing. The thought of him alone with my dad scared me a little. I was scared my dad would ask him a lot of things Shawn didn't know about me.

"Yes, they're going to have a boys day. Dad said he has things planned, why?" She asked.

Shawn gave my hand another squeeze as he ate with the other hand. He made it seem like he wasn't even dazed.

I shook my head, "Nothing, I was just wondering."

"Yeah I also have to tell your mother about tomorrow's events." Dad spoke up after taking a sip of his coffee.

The rest of breakfast continued with small chit chat. Once we finished everyone was in the living room. Shawn sat down on the couch with everyone else but I needed to talk to him. I walked behind the couch he was sitting on. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head down by his ear.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked.

Shawn turned his head and nodded, "Yeah."

"Really y'all can't stay away from each other for one minute?" Serenity asked as I let go of Shawn and he got up and walked around towards me.

I narrowed my eyes, "Oh please that's coming from you? You're literally always sitting on Sam." I joked.

Shawn then got to me and I took his hand in mine and lead him away. We went back up to my room and that's when I let go of his hand. I started to pace my room.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asked.

"Um you're gonna be alone with my dad all day. Who knows what he'll say or do." I said as I ran my fingers through my hair.

Shawn laughed, "It isn't the first time I've dealt with fathers Peyton. I'm sure I'll be just fine." He explained.

"Yeah but he's going to talk to my mom and I can't imagine what she'll do when she knows you're home." I tell him literally spewing nonsense.

I was thinking of every bad possibility and some just seemed unlikely. Shawn then walked over towards me and he cupped my face. I felt myself breathe and I felt relieved the minute he did.

"Peyton, trust me I am going to be okay. You stress yourself over nothing and everything. Just breathe and let me handle this, you aren't just stressing yourself out remember that." He said calmly.

I nodded and closed my eyes just feeling his hands hold my face. I took a deep breath before letting it go. I opened my eyes to see Shawn looking at me. He had that same look from earlier and I couldn't help but wonder what he wanted to ask.

I was about to just ask again but we heard a knock on my door followed my Serenity's voice.

"Come on love birds, the dress shop isn't open for long!" She said from the other side of the door.

"Somehow I feel like she would be terrifying if you made her late to anything." Shawn joked.

That made me laugh, "Yeah, are you sure you're gonna be okay?" I asked.

Shawn smiled, "Yeah I'll be fine."

"Okay, I better go before she comes in and drags me out." I told him.

He nodded his head before letting go of me. I then grabbed my bag and walked out of the room. I hesitated a bit when I walked out, I turned back around and walked back in. Shawn was checking his phone oblivious to me walking back in. I hurried over to him and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you for always checking on me." I told him before turning around and walking out.

I walked down the stairs and to the door where Serenity was waiting for me.

"It's about time." She said.

I didn't say anything because the smile on my face said it all. At least it did to me.

•••

Who knew someone could hold so much power. Enough to relieve you over all your stressful thoughts. Just by their touch and their words.

Authors Note//
A filler chapter because I'm scared marty
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚