Chapter Thirty-Four

There had been very few casualties on our side. A few broken bones here and there but despite all the odds, the Volturi were over. Stefan and Vladimir would take the place as leaders of secrecy, keeping the secret from the humans. No one on our side had been killed. We had survived.

Renesmee had run up to her father and he had hugged her tightly, lifting her off her feet as he did so. I watched, stood next to Bella. We both smiled at the softening scene of affection and love before us.

"I'm glad you're okay, Bella," I told her. She looked at me.

"Thank you." She hugged me. I hugged her back. I could barely remember a time where this would have been what I wanted. That was now a part of Renesmee. There was no awkwardness between us now. Just two friends.

We pulled away and Renesmee hugged Bella. I looked at Edward. He was happy now, blissful.

"Thank you so much, Jacob." He told me, sincerely. I smiled and nodded at him. Nessie pulled away from her mother to look around.

"Where is everyone?" She asked.

"At home. We had to make sure you were safe." Edward replied.

"Are we going home then?" Renesmee looked from her father to her mother and back again.

"You don't want to?" Edward's mouth was pulling up at the corners.

"I like it here. It's nice." She smiled, looking around the room.

"We can stay here for a week or two if you want. It IS your summer holidays after all." Nessie smiled in delight and bounded over to me. I smiled too, taking her in my arms instinctively.

"A week or two, huh?" I looked at Edward. He smiled at me.

"Whatever makes her happy right?" I nodded in reply.