Chapter Eight: May at the Mansion

Start from the beginning

   Wanda turned to May. "It's nearly 6:30, would you like to stay for dinner?"

   May pushed her glasses up and checked her phone. "Sure. I think I have time."

———————————————————   Rhodey, Wanda, Natasha, and Steve were in the kitchen making grilled chicken and salad for dinner

———————————————————
Rhodey, Wanda, Natasha, and Steve were in the kitchen making grilled chicken and salad for dinner. Rhodey seemed to have gotten the hang of the additions to his legs by now.

   Sam and Bucky were on chicken duty. Bucky was flipping the chicken with his metal hand.

   "Dude!! What the hell are you doing?" Sam asked, watching in horror as Bucky used his metal hand to turn over the chicken

   "Calm down. It's clean. I washed it," Bucky replied.

   "We. Have. GUESTS!"

   Bucky rolled his eyes.

   "Guys," Steve and Nat scolded in unison.

"Smells awesome." Tony walked into the living room. "Pete, you're here! Fixed the binder in your suit for you. Finally auto-tightens correctly. Did you give your aunt a kiss goodbye for me?"

"Tony," Peter whined. He could never tell when Stark was kidding.

Tony looked over, taking his sunglasses off. "Oh. May, you're here as well. Good to know." Tony popped a handful of dried blueberries into his mouth.

   "I'm staying for dinner," May said politely.

   "Alright." He scratched his nose, then yelled at the ceiling. "Clint!" Tony tapped his foot impatiently. "I know you can hear me!"

"Ughhhhh." Clint dropped from a vent over the kitchen. "Knew I should've taken these blasted things out," Clint grumbled, fixing his hearing aids.

"Pepper's comin over late tonight to talk business." Tony took a sip from his green protein shake. "She keeps butchering me about cleaning up my shop, too."

"I second that," came Bruce's voice from the couch.

Tony rolled his eyes, sighing, and pulled his hair up with his fingers. "Okay, well, anyway, Eagle-Eye, Pepper wants to see your wife again sometime soon.