Friends among them

(F/N) found herself crying in the girls bathroom. She couldn't bring it in, her reality was setting in. Marked Death eater, bastard child of one of the greatest minds of Hogwarts, and also a clumsy, stuttering fool. Why were the other students in Slytherin so judgmental? Why did they do things based on image? Could she every truly be herself around them?

No, not now. Now people saw her as weakling, unfit to be the daughter of Severus. Unfit to be at Hogwarts, definitely unworthy to be a Slytherin. Ilvermorny wasn't nearly as bad as this. (F/N) splashed cold water on her face, the redness in her cheeks fading when she heard footsteps nearby. The raven-haired girl ran into a stall and locked it. She lifted her legs up as she sat in the toilet seat; she didn't want to be seen nor heard.

"(F/N)?" called an unfamiliar voice. "(F/N), if your in here my name is Alison. I'm sorry about the others,they are total wankers, as usual." The girl remained silent and hidden, but she listened closely. "If you need a friend, you can always count on me. Being new is hard for anyone, I've been there," Alison sighed, then shrugged a moment later. 'No one in here,' she thought, and began to walk back out.

"Thank you,” Alison heard a gentle voice say. She stopped and smiled as she noticed (F/N) emerge from the stall.

"I do think I may need a friend."

"I think so as well. Care to sit with me and my friends in the great hall?"

(F/N) hesitated. "S-sure,"

"You don't have to worry about Pansy. I took care of her, and if she comes back for more, I'll go round two." (F/N) smiled and nodded. She fixed her (h/l) black hair and walked with a newfound confidence into the great hall.

They passed by Draco and his friends. Pansy glared at the new girl and Draco smirked a confident smirk at her. He didn't know what this feeling was; in his heart. Why did she make him feel slightly nervous? Maybe it's because she was the headmasters daughter? Or maybe it was because he felt bad for her. Either way, this was a new feeling to him. Maybe it was even heartburn, who could say.

Alison sat back down at her setting and (F/N) sat besides her.

"I have a question," said one girl with long, dark brown hair in a ponytail. (F/N) sighed. "You didn't know? About Snape being your dad?" (F/n) shook her head.

"Well, I'm sorry but that's just stupid, who's mother would keep that a secret? Maybe that's why he's so grumpy.” Another student replied. “Anyway, my name is Jasper Santamaria. Welcome to Hogwarts," Jasper smiled

(F/n) smiled at Jasper, "Pleasure to meet you as well." She paused looking at a guy who looked to be older, sitting beside Jasper. "And you are?"

Colin blushed slightly and smiled to himself. He though (F/N) was absolutely gorgeous. "My name is Colin, I'm Alison's older brother."

(F/N) smiled warmly at him. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Colin.”

Alison rolled her eyes and smiled at her brother teasingly, going back to eating her lunch. “He gets his good looks from me though, didn't kick in till I was born,” she joked. Colin blushed again and stared down in embarrassment at his plate.

The young girl smiled as she looked around at her new friends.

--

Ali lead her new friend to the female dormitory, and much to her dismay, (F/N) was assigned to share a room with Pansy. She sighed and waved goodbye to Alison and began to unpack her things quietly. Hopefully she would be done before the mean girl got back to the room.