Chapter 3: Part Of Your World

(AN: this is Neji as a crab above he's a bit on the crabby side)

  Meanwhile at the palace, Hinata was getting a much rather scolding from the king "I just don't know what we're going to do with you, young lady." Hiashi scolded  "Daddy, I'm sorry, I just forgot, I -" Hinata tried to explain "As a result of your careless behaviour -" he interrupted "Careless and reckless behaviour!" Neji added "the entire celebration was, er -"the king continued but was struggling to find the right words to say "Well, it was ruined! That's all. Completely destroyed! This concert was to be the pinnacle of my distinguished career. Now thanks to you I am the laughing stock of the entire kingdom!" Neji ranted "But it wasn't her fault!" Kona defended "Ah - well - first, ahh, this shark chased us - yeah - yeah! And we tried to - but we couldn't - and - grrrrrrrrr - and - and we - whoooaaaaaa - oh, and then we were safe." he added trying to help "but then this seagull came, and it was this is this, and that is that, and -" as he pretended to be Kakashi.

    "Seagull?" Hiashi rose an eyebrow  "What? Oh - you went up to the surface again, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?" the king asked sternly "Nothing - happened. . . ." Hinata tried to explain "Oh, Hinata, How many times must we go through this? You could've been seen by one of those barbarians - by - by one of those humans!" her father shouted  "Daddy, they're not barbarians!" Hinata replied "They're dangerous. Do you think I want to see my youngest daughter snared by some fish-eater's hook?" he snapped "I'm sixteen years old - I'm not a child anymore -" Hinata retorted "Don't you take that tone of voice with me young lady. As long as you live under my ocean, you'll obey my rules!" Hiashi slammed his triton on the floor "But if you would just listen -" Hinata tried to explain but again her father interrupted her "Not another word - and I am never, NEVER to hear of you going to the surface again. Is that clear?" he said sternly. All Hinata could do was nod and then she swam away with tears streaming down her face.

 "Hm! Teenagers

"Hm! Teenagers. . . . They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you." Neji added as he sat next to the king on his throne "Do you, er, think I - I was too hard on her?" Hiashi asked regretting having to yell at his daughter "Definitely not. Why, if Hinata was my daughter, I'd show her who was boss. None of this "flitting to the surface" and other such nonsense. No, sir - I'd keep her under tight control" Neji added "You're absolutely right, Neji"Hiashi smirked "Of course...wait I am?" Neji asked with a confused look on his face "Hinata needs constant supervision, someone to watch over her - to keep her out of trouble And YOU are just the crab to do it" Hiashi announced "As you wish your majesty" Neji bowed and walked down the corridor of the palace.  "How do I get myself into these situations? I should be writing symphonies - not tagging along after some headstrong teenager" Neji said to himself. He soon spots Hinata and Konahamaru sneaking off "Hmm? What is that girl up to?" he thought and follows them to a small dark treasure trove. He barely makes it into cave and sees Hinata's collection. "Huh?" he gasps looking at all of the different items. "Hinata, are you okay?" Kona asks the princess "If only I could make him understand. I just don't see things the way he does. I don't see how a world that makes such wonderful things - could be bad." Hinata says as she plays with the fork she found.