Chapter 1: What Lies Beneath The Sea

An ocean. Birds are flying and porpoises are swimming happily. From the fog a ship appears crashing through the waves.

"I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue, And it's hey to the starboard, heave ho Look out, lad, a mermaid be waitin' for you In mysterious fathoms below" the sailors began to sing. Then a handsome prince looks over the raft of the boat taking in the ocean air along with his dog. "Isn't this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face . . . a perfect day to be at sea, right Sasuke?!" The prince rejoiced while his butler on the other hand is getting rather sea sick "Oh yes . . . delightful . . . ." he answered after he puked over the side of the boat.  "A fine strong wind and a following sea. King Hiashi must be in a friendly-type mood" a sailor said to the prince  "King Hiashi?" the prince rose an eyebrow "Why, ruler of the merpeople, lad. Thought every good sailor knew about him" another sailor added. "Merpeople! Naruto, pay no attention to this nautical nonsense" Sasuke rolled his eyes "But it ain't nonsense, it's the truth! I'm tellin' you, down in the depths o' the ocean they live" the sailor gestured wildly with a fish in his hand, but the fish flops away and lands back in the ocean. "Heave. ho. Heave, ho. In mysterious fathoms below" the sailors continued to chant as they sailed away.

  Beneath the ocean waves, a school of merepeople swim towards a palace under the sea, There was a ceremony about to begin and every sea creature was invited to attend. As everyone filled the auditorium, a small seahorse came out to the stage. "Ahem . . . His royal highness, King Hiashi!" As the king enters dramatically on a chariot pulled by dolphins, the crowd roars with applause as he lights the seashell chandelier over the crowd "And presenting the distinguished court composer, Horatio Thelonious Ignatius Crustaceous Neji!" Neji arrives on a small chariot pulled by sea horses with mild applause as he meets up with the King. "I'm really looking forward to this performance, Neji" Hiashi smilled "Oh, Your Majesty, this will be the finest concert I have ever conducted. Your daughters - they will be spectacular!" Neji replied  "Yes, and especially my little Hinata" Hiashi landed his chariot at the balcony as the dolphins swim away. " "Yes, yes, she has the most beautiful voice" Neji rejoiced as he swam towards the orchestra pit "If only she'd show up for rehearsals once in a while. . . ." he sulked . He proceeds to podium and begins to direct orchestra as the king's daughters appeared on stage out of oyster shells.

(AN: The italicized words are the daughters singing)

"Ah, we are the daughters of Hiashi.

Great father who loves us and named us well:

Ino, Sakura, Temari, Karui, Mei, Hinabi,

And then there is the youngest in her musical debut,

Our seventh little sister, we're presenting her to you,

To sing a song Neji wrote, her voice is like a bell,

She's our sister, Hina. . .

   Shell opens to reveal that Hinata is absent, which shocks everyone. Neji gasps then looks at the king who is in a fit of rage  "HINATA" the king shouted in anger.