Chapter X - The Rustling of Leaves

That morning, (y/n) slowly opened her eyes and saw that she wasn't in the same position she fell asleep in. Instead of her head resting on Bakugou's shoulder, she found herself laying on the ground with an oddly tight pressure around her waist and stomach. She looked down to the rest of her body to see two strong arms wrapped around her, and a red cape over her as if it was a blanket. She lifted her head just enough to look at the person behind her, and was greeted by the peaceful expression on Bakugou's sleeping face.

Not wanting to remove herself from his warm and protective hold, she rested her head back on the ground and waited for Bakugou to wake up.

Nearly a minute later, (y/n) could hear Bakugou stir awake as he breathed in and out deeply and hugged her frame tighter, bringing her even closer to their already close bodies.

"Good morning Bakugou." (Y/n) giggled.

Bakugou opened his eyes and sleepily stared down at (y/n).

"Mornin' SweetCheeks," he said in his incredibly sexy and husky morning voice.

"Goddamnit Bakugou..." (Y/n) thought as she broke out into a very deep red blush.

"Can you let me go so I can hunt for food please?" (Y/n) asked. She definitely didn't want him to let go, but food was a little more important to her at this point.

"Hmm... no." He said, almost a little too quickly.

(Y/n) grinned widely as she could hear Bakugou's stomach growling quite loudly.

"Your rumbling stomach says otherwise,"

Bakugou sighed before loosening his grip and unwrapping his arms from around (y/n). "Fucking fine." He mumbled.

(Y/n) got up and dusted herself off. She walked over to pick up her bow and quiver; walking back to look at Bakugou still laying on the ground shortly after. He looked quite displeased at losing his comfortable pillow.

"I'm tired of eating fruit and bread. I need meat. You can stay here and go back to sleep or start yelling at the birds. I don't really care what you do at this point. I shouldn't be gone long so try not to miss me too much." (Y/n) winked as she flashed him a smile and walked off.

"In your fucking dreams." Bakugou grumbled as he pushed himself up to be in a sitting position.

*****

"Should I go for rabbit again or should I try and go for deer?... Nah, two people wouldn't be able to eat an entire deer in about an hour... Unless you're really hungry then maybe... Bakugou's stomach growled pretty loud so I'm presuming he's hungry for a bigger meal... But I'm not that hungry... Could Bakugou really eat an entire deer if I went for it?..." (Y/n) got lost in her thoughts, talking aloud to herself as she looked around for things such as prints or movement.

"...hunting and capturing a deer could prove to be a problem if the meat isn't all eaten in one go... And besides the corpse could bring us a lot of unwanted attention... Maybe I should go for something smaller but not like rabbit small..." She continued.

The rustling of leaves ripped her from her thoughts. Her eyes darted to the left, just in time to see a blob of grey flash by.

"Breakfast?" She whisper asked herself as she pulled an arrow from her quiver.

Carefully sneaking over to the direction the grey blob darted off to, she readied her bow as she was getting closer to the sound of rustling leaves again.

She steadied her breathing and got closer to the ground. Coming out from behind the cover of a bush, she spotted a raccoon. She assumed it was eating some sort of berry or nut from off the ground, as it's back was facing her and not paying attention.

"Now don't be like that deer from a couple days ago and keep running off before I get the chance to capture you," (y/n) very quietly whispered.

No more than two seconds later, she let go of the bow string and impaled the raccoon in it's head.

"Sweet. Now if this is going to be Bakugou's meal then I should probably find a squirrel or something for myself,"

And as if on cue, a squirrel started to scurry up a tree. (Y/n) quickly got out another arrow and pinned the squirrels body to the tree.

She retrieved and cleaned both arrows before putting them back in her quiver and picking up the animals by their tails.

She started to walk back to their resting spot before stopping suddenly.

"I wonder how Bakugou hunts if he just has a sword and yells a lot... especially with what he did with that bear..." (Y/n) said before shrugging and starting to walk again.

*****

"In your fucking dreams." Bakugou grumbled as he sat up and lightly glared at her back as she walked away.

He sighed loudly before getting up to try and find more sticks to put on the fire. It has died down some since last night, and the loss of (y/n)'s body heat has made him feel slightly colder. But it still was winter, and that he couldn't do anything about.

"Damn that woman for making me feel these stupid feelings that I never felt before. Who does she think she is? Fuckin' witch or something..." He trailed off as he practically threw the sticks he found onto the fire.

About 30 or so seconds later, he heard rustling, and his hand instinctively flew to his Cutlass.

He narrowed his eyes and grimaced as he looked around. Before he could turn around though, he was harshly grabbed by his throat and was shoved against a nearby tree. His back was slightly scratched up in the process, but his cape protected him to a degree.

The person who shoved him had a knife pointing at his lower abdomen. They also wore a helmet of some sort, so Bakugou couldn't recognize this person even if he tried.

The person's grip on Bakugou's neck tightened. "If I see you move for that sword of yours, I won't hesitate to kill you."

*****
(a/n: Sorry not sorry. also be expecting slower updates cause I'm gonna be working on writing some new books so sorry about that.)
Word count: 1067
-edited-