idk 3 (?!? -Oak)

Luca woke up with a start, dragging herself out of a pool of gravy. Dang, princes could make a good gravy.

She changed clothes and walked cautiously down the stairs in the glow of sunset shining in through the stained glass windows, feet/paws padding softly on the elegant carpet. She wished her mom's trailer were this breathtaking.

"Ma'am?" Called a maid from the bottom of the stairwell. "Ma'am? Is your name Luca?"

"Wutzittuh ya?" She replied, half asleep. Her spiky hair was flattened into a cowlick so wild it couldn't be tamed.

"Sorry to interrupt your... slumber, ma'am, but the Queen has invited you to dinner" the young maid replied. Luca's ears immediately perked up. She'd always wanted to meet the Queen, maybe be friends or something.

"Ah, sorry, I look terrible uh....wh what should i do i i need to get ready uh....!!" Luca said,very panicky.

Just then, Darren and Adrianna emerged at the top of the steps. "Calm down, she's my grandma. I eat with her all the time. Just wear what you would wear to schoo-" Darren remembered what Luca liked to wear and immediately changed his mind. "Borrow something of Elaina's or something like that, okay?"

***

A few hours passed and Darren entered the room. Grayson, Gregor, Luca, Adrianna. "Ok guys." Darren said. "Since we're being hunted, I figure we need Codenames..." He said. "I'll be Falcon One." He said. "Gregor." He said. "You're Been There Done That." He said. "Grayson, you're Currently Doing That." He said as Grayson facepalmed. "Adrianna, you're If I Had To Pick A Chick." He said as Gregor facepalmed. "And Luca....." He said. "You're...........Falcon Two." "Oh thank God." Luca said.

What about the rest of the others?" Asked Grayson, immediately knowing he'd regret asking that question.

"Let's see... Evelyn can be Fingerpistol, Elaina can be Ms. Confusing, and Koda can be Do A Thing." As you guessed, they all facepalmed.

***

Raven Sutcliffe ate dinner alone on the couch with a book lying face-down beside her. Her sister had promised to be back by now and even though she was ticked she had broken her promise, she enjoyed the peace and quiet. Her sister was always singing around the house and leaving sheets of paper lying around with her song lyric ideas written on them. Evelyn was a singer-songwriter, and although Raven thought that was pretty cool, all that singing got annoying at times.

Dinner tonight was Hamburger Helper with a bottle of water and a good story to read, as was the norm nowadays. If either of them had been able to make it to college before their parents were... taken away, her sister may have actually been able to have her own house and car, but no. Neither of them actually had their own cars, and the apartment was owned by Raven. She never had particularly liked her sister but after all they had been through she figured it would be alright. For now, at least.

There was a loud knock on the door, followed by Evelyn calling out her name. "Raven!!! Ray-ray!! Lemme in, you can't believe what just happened!!!!!!!"

She sighed and set down her dinner on the coffee table. Maybe she shouldn't have let her stay. "Coming..." She slid the deadbolt out of its holder and opened the door. "What is it this time, and make it quick. I was reading."

"Rude... anyway, you know that one newcomer I was following?"

"You mean the guy you're stalking because you think he's cute." Raven rolled her eyes dramatically. "Seriously, find better things to do in your free time."

"Again, rude..." Muttered Evelyn finally stepping inside and letting the door close behind her. "Anyway, he invited me to dinner with the Queen!!!!!!!!!! What should I wear!?"

"If you dress yourself in your own annoying personality, you'll have plenty of options to choose from. Now leave me alone with my dinner and book." And with that, she turned and sat back down.

***

"Pass the salt, please?" Adrianna called as she sat at the Queen's table. "Here yah go." Luca said as Gregor was slightly in discomfort. Luca looked over at Gregor. Though you could not see her eyes, you could tell she is concerned.

"Something the matter?" She asked.

There was a slight hesitation before Gregor sighed and sat up in his chair. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired from the trip, that's all."

"Sure..." Muttered Darren, giving his friend a sympathetic look. "You wanna just go on off to bed?"

"Nah, I want to stay with you guys for a while longer. We need to work out a plan of action, because there's no doubt William is going to come after us eventually." He took a bite of a dinner roll before continuing. "We're gonna have to go off the grid."

Just then, Evelyn walked into the room, shaking out her umbrella. "Sorry I'm late guys, my older sister was being... well, being herself." She sat at the reserved chair for her next to Darren and bowed to pray. Darren tensed beside her and looked nervously at Grayson. None of them were big on religion, and quite honestly, he was a bit scared at the prospect of it. What if he wasn't believing in the right things? He wanted to be a good person, but he had no idea what being a quote-on-quote "good person" actually meant.

"Darren! You okay?" Whispered Grayson, who sat on Darren's other side. "You look worried."

"Y-yeah, everything's fi-"

"What are you guys whispering about?" Asked Evelyn finishing her prayer and cutting up her steak. "Seems important."

"Nothing." Said Darren and Grayson at the same time.

Darren could see the doubt in her eyes as she accepted the answer and began to chew slowly on her steak. "So... what have I just got myself into?"

Darren told her everything, from the day he was born to the minute she walked into their lives. Things he didn't know were filled in mostly by Grayson and Gregor, and by the time she had been filled in on everything it was late at night.

"Hey, it's getting late," Darren said when they were finished. "You can spend the night here if you want, and in the morning we can all do something together."

"Actually..." Grayson began. "I sort of want to sleep in tomorrow." Everyone else but Evelyn and Darren agreed, and he let out a submissive sigh.

"Okay, just us two then. Do you know how to surf?" The two of them got up and left the room together, heading for the sitting room.

Suddenly, Grayson leaned back in his chair and let out a satisfied sigh. "You guys know what this means, right?" There was a few awkward seconds of silence before he continued. "I guess not. Look at them!! Not only has he begun to move on after Aimee's death, he's in love!! And not with Aimee!!"

He let the suggestion sink in for a little bit, during which time Elaina excused herself and left the room in a hurry. At the end, Gregor made a final statement.

"If she even turns out remotely like Aimee, I give up. We have to make sure she's the right somewhat-person for him, or get them apart as far as possible. I can't see him as anguished as he was the day Aimee died again."