| chapter seven |

"Cas, that isn't funny. Angels aren't real." I stutter, pushing the pizza away. My appetite was gone.
"I'm not trying to be... Funny, Sage, I'm being serious." Castiel stares at me with a look of confusion. I stand up, knocking the chair into the wall behind me and start pacing beside the bed.
"Is this your idea of a joke? If so, this isn't funny.. I-i, mean there's so such thing as Angels!" I start talking to myself, completely ignoring the fact that he had stood up and was standing in front of me, blocking the path I had made.
"Sage, just sit down and let me explain."
And, that's what he did. This man, this.. Angel that I had just learned to trust told me everything. From what happened to Dean and Sam to the three of them finding me in the woods. It took about three hours, a LOT of questions, and a few more slices of pizza, but I understand now.
"Wow.." I look down at my lap, processing all the information that I had just been told.
"Yeah." Castiel looks at the wall, brow furrowed together, lips pulled downward in a frown.
"That's amazing.."
"Not.. Scary?" Castiel turns his gaze to me. I shrug.
"Well, a little, I mean, right now, the only people I trust are two demon hunters and an angel.." I look up at Castiel and sigh, "don't get me wrong, you three are great guys, this is just all..." I sigh again, "processing."
Castiel nods and rises, standing above me. He looks over at the small clock on the nightstand.
"It's late, are you tired?" That cues a yawn and I nod.
"Yeah. I'm gonna go to bed... Thanks for explaining all of that to me, Castiel." I crawl to the top of the bed and pull the covers on top of me.
"You're welcome."