Getting to know Andrew

I sat in the car silent until Andrew spoke.

"So Emma where are you from".

"I'm from Arizona" I smiled.

"Why did you move to New York" he asked as a follow up question.

"My parents split up so my mom wanted to start fresh" I said looking down.

"So Emma do you always have an attitude like before" he chuckled.

"No" I said folding my arms.

He just laughed than pulled into a Starbucks parking lot. He ran in to get us something, while I stayed in the car. A few minutes later her came back with two iced peppermint mocha's. He handed mine to me, then he hopped in the car.

"So Andrew where are you from" I asked before taking a sip of my iced peppermint mocha.

"I was born in LA but I moved to England when I was three and now I'm here" he replied.

"Why are you so nice now, but at school in the classroom you were a complete jerk" I asked looking over at him.

"Well everyone expects it, I'm captain of the basketball team, I'm pretty popular everyone kinda wants me to act like that" he replied.

"Why do you have to though its not like they're going to come knocking on your door asking you why you changed, if you don't want to act that way just stop" I replied causing him to smile.

"Wow you actually said something that will be useful" he said with a chuckle.

"Hey" I replied with a laugh while I playfully punched his shoulder.

"So Emma have you applied for any colleges or university's yet" he asked as we pulled out of the Starbucks parking lot.

"Yeah but none of them have replied yet so I'm not planning on getting excepted to any of them" I said a little upset.

"I'm sure you'll get expected to a least one of them" he smiled.

"How about you, have you applied to any Colleges or University's" I asked back.

"I'm captain of the football team and the MVP, I get a full scholarship to NYU to play basketball" he replied

"wow your parents must've been proud when you told them that news" I said with a little laugh.

"Yeah my mom cried" he laughed causing me to join in.

"It's almost five, you should probably drive me home" I spoke.

"Ok" he replied.

For the rest of the car ride, we talk about our interest, our dislikes and things like that. After about fifteen minutes, we pulled up in front of my house.

"Thanks for the fun afternoon" I smiled.

"No problem, oh and I'll pick you up tomorrow around 8:00" he smiled back.

"Ok see you tomorrow" I said waving.

"See you tomorrow" he replied before driving away.

I walked up the driveway smiling. I than walked up the front steps and I didn't even have time to put my hand on the door nob and my mom had it open asking me who the boy I was with was.

"He's just a friend mom it's not a big deal" I replied a little annoyed.

"So what's his name" she asked excited.

"His name is Andrew, Andrew Garfield" I replied.

"Well he's very handsome, you guys should" my mom said before I cut her off.

"No I will not date him were just friends, besides I don't like him that way" I said folding my arms.

My mom just smiled then walked back into the kitchen to continue on making supper. I rolled my eyes then ran up to my room. Once I got into my room I closed the door behind me and grabbed my phone to call Hannah to tell her about my afternoon with Andrew. Once she answered I didn't even get to say hello and she was already asking me questions about it, which made me laugh.

*********

A/N: Let me know what you guys think!

Also don't forget to follow and vote!💕