New School New Friends

Emma's POV

I was wakened up by my mom shaken my body and repeatedly telling me to get up.

It was my first day of school here in New York and I'm incredibly nervous. Plus on top of that its my senior year.

I didn't want to get up so just I groaned and rolled over so that back was facing my mom.

"Emma you don't want to be late for you first day at your new school" she said pulling the blankets off me.

As much as I just wanted to stay in bed all day, I knew I had to. So I rolled onto my back and sat up.

"Morning" I said to my mom while rubbing my eyes.

"Make sure to be downstairs in twenty minutes for breakfast" my mom said leaving my room and closing the door behind her.

I laid in my bed for a few more minutes, than I built up the energy to get up.

I walked into my bathroom and turned the shower on. I slipped out of my pj's and into the hot shower. Once I finished, I dried off and tied my towel around me like a dress and walked back into my room.

I opened my closet and looked through my clothes until I found the perfect outfit.

I ended up picking out a pair of black skinny jeans, a nude colour blouse and some dark red flats. I quickly put a bit of makeup on, curled my hair and ran downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and you could smell the bacon my mom was cooking.

"You look pretty" my mom said with a smile while handing me a plate of bacon and eggs.

"Thanks" I replied smiling. I sat down at the table and ate my breakfast, while I scrolled through twitter on my phone.

"You kids always on your phones" my mom laughed.

I just rolled my eyes and laughed. After I finished I ran back up to my room, brushed my teeth and grabbed my bag.

Since it was my first day at a new school my mom insisted on driving me, instead of letting me drive my own car, but I didn't mind. The school ended up not being to far from our house, only about a ten to fifteen minute drive.

"Have fun today and make some friends" my mom said smiling.

"I'll try" I replied taking a deep breath and stepping out of the car.

I grabbed the paper with my locker number and my schedule from my bag and walked inside. Like any other typical high school hallway, it was noisy, crowed, sectioned off into different 'cliques' and there were a few people making out. After about five minutes of pushing through the hall and trying to look at every locker number, I found mine.

"Well I found my locker no problem, lets just hope finding my classes will be this easy" I thought to myself.

I opened my locker putting a few books in it, then I closed it heading off to my first class.

I walked up and down the hallways as less and less people were in them, as I looked for my history classroom. The warning bell rang and everyone scattered into their classrooms, which mean I was now alone.

"Great I'm never gonna find it" I said under my breath.

As I went to turned a corner to go up the next hallway, I bumped into someone, causing all my books to fall and myself.

Of course I would manage to do something like this on my first day at a new school.

Expecting the person to ether run off or be angry, but I looked up surprisingly to see a hand to help me up.