IM Desperate

hi guys! don't forget I said I would double/triple update today, so this is kind of short so I have something to go off of later. oh, and, do you like the new cover i made, or the old one? 

"Please?" Louis is literally begging now, as much as he hates to admit it. Eleanor sighs on the other end.

"I don't want to do this, Louis. It's wrong."

"Come on," he whines, staring up at his ceiling pitifully, "I'm desperate, El. You're the only one I trust enough to share this with and he really wants this, I've already agreed to it. Also, he won't recognize your number 'cause he doesn't have it and I sort of already gave it to him, so. Besides, you owe me one for that bag that I gave you."

"That was a gift! You don't owe someone something because they gave you a gift on your birthday!"

Damn Eleanor. Louis kind of really needs a female voice to pretend to be Anna for him ever since Harry suggested a phone call between the two of them and Louis had agreed as to not raise suspicion in Harry. He's an idiot, he knows, but he's got about thirty minutes until Harry is done with his shower and picks up his mobile to make the infamous call. To Eleanor's phone, of course, so even if she doesn't come over she still has to deal with that. Louis would feel bad if he wasn't so anxious.

He's kind of freaking out.

The group is currently stopped in a hotel - conveniently located in London, bless them - and Louis knows Eleanor is a short ten minute drive away, so really, he doesn't see the issue. She's gone on about the press, how they'll react to her driving to his hotel at eleven in the evening- Louis shuts her up with an eyeroll and a snort, even though the two of them have been 'split' for six months now. They are and always have been friends. Louis can be very convincing when he needs to be, and right now he kind of really fucking needs it.

Eleanor, though, is not so keen on the idea of 'screwing Harry over', as she so bluntly puts it. Louis protests that it isn't that - though it is, admittedly, a rather just a twisted way of showing Harry how he felt. Eleanor scoffs; Louis curses her out. 

"Please El. It will ruin everything if you don't do this! Harry will be devastated. Just. Do this for me, alright? I promise I won't let this go on for much longer, I just need this right now. Do it for Harry if not for me. He's so completely oblivious. He won't even suspect. Please. I don't know what I'll do if you don't help me." Louis puts on his I'm-really-sad-about-this-and-you're-the-only-thing-that-can-help voice, he knows she can't say no to that. He bites his lip as he breaths through the silence that is on the other end.

After a few seconds, Eleanor takes a deep breath. "Fine. But, not for you, you asshole. For Harry. You're a real prick, doing this to your best friend, you know that? If Harry finds out- no, when Harry finds out, I want no part in this. He's going to be so pissed at you Louis, he's going to be so-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know, but he's never gonna find out, El. You won't tell him." Louis doesn't even say it as a question. It's just a statement. He knows she won't tell. She better not, at least. Louis might brutally murder her if she does. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Whatever, I'll be there as soon as I can," she breathes, and before Louis can bark at her to hurry up she's already ended the call. 

He flops back on his bed, closing his eyes and exhaling heavily. His eyes slip closed somewhere along the way, and he lets himself drift into a fitful nap until Eleanor shows up about fifteen minutes later, making great time for London traffic, pounding on his door like a damn police officer. He lets her in, ignores her sour expression, and leads her over to the window seat. 

"What am I even supposed to say?" she asks just as Louis begins to sweat nervously due to the possibility of her phone ringing at any second.

"Whatever you think I would say."

"You're a dick. I don't want to sound like a dick," Eleanor says, crossing her legs and looking at Louis expectantly. He makes a face at her, pushing at her foot when it brushes against his knee.

"Then just talk normally. But don't sound too much like yourself. You might want to talk a little higher or lower than usual; not so much that you sound unnatural, though. Slow down your words a little bit. Laugh a lot," Louis begins, but she cuts him off with a slap to his shoulder.

"You just told me to talk normally and then listed a bunch of things that I do not do when I talk normally," she complains, and just as Louis opens his mouth to retaliate, the phone rings.

Both pairs of eyes immediately fall to the screen, which is lit up with a picture of Harry smiling stupidly. The contact name blinks Harry urgently, and Louis makes a mental note to ask why Eleanor has Harry's phone number saved later. Eleanor looks back up at Louis before her thumb quickly presses down on the bright green 'accept' button.

And Louis stops breathing.