IM Normal

Harvey: Hey!

Harvey: Anna??

Harvey: Annnnnnnnnnnnnnna

Harvey: A

Harvey: N

Harvey: N

Harvey: A

Harvey: :(

Louis swears that he is the best actor in the world. His phone is going off in his pocket every three seconds as Harry endlessly spams 'Anna'. The only problem with this is the fact that Harry is sitting right behind Louis. The group is huddled in a little dressing room, hair and makeup getting adjusted before a show. Another problem is that Louis is getting his hair done by Lou, and if he whips out his mobile and answers, Harry might find it suspicious. Or maybe Lou will. He doesn't know, really, but he does know that he's doing a great job of coughing like he's smoked all his life every time it buzzes to cover up the noise.

He kind of wants to throw a shoe at Harry's head, but he knows Harry gets anxious before shows and he knows he's probably just looking for some sort of outside comfort. It breaks Louis's heart, but it also worries him. What if he resorts to talking to that Paige girl?

Louis doesn't know why he's so insanely jealous of Paige. Harry even said he isn't interested in her.

But Harry isn't interested in Louis - Anna - either.

 "Um, Lou," he says quietly. The woman sets down the comb she had been running through Louis's hair impatiently, giving him an expectant look in response.

"I have to piss," Louis explains sheepishly, smiling. He gets a wrinkled nose and a swat to the back, and then he's on his way. He tries not to roll his eyes at himself as he stands and waddles toward the door, legs partially crossed. Clever excuses have never been his forte.

 As soon as Louis is out of the room, he leans back against the wall and grabs his mobile from his pocket. Tapping his passcode in quickly, he rushes to open the application. Louis is not excited, no. This is wrong. He should not be doing this.

Anna: Hi. 

Fuck.

Harvey: Thank God you answered! Feeling pretty stressed right now :((

Anna: whassa matter? 

Harvey: my job.

Anna: oh yeah, working at a record store must be sooo overwhelming.

Harvey: :( it is

Anna: boohoo.

Harvey: well, working as a waitress probably isn't any better. you think you could send me some pics of u in ur uniform someday? 

Anna: Harvey!

Harvey: im kidding

Anna: perv, i hate you.

Harvey: i could use some anna hugs right now

Anna: my hugs are pretty amazing

Harvey: Niall's hugs usually do the trick but he's sick today

Harvey: shit

Harvey: autocorrect

Harvey: I meant Niagara. um.

Anna: what the hell?

Harvey: Niagara.. falls.. 

Anna: ???????

Harvey: it's um. my friend's nick name.

Anna: um.. ok???

Harvey: he really likes nature

Harvey: and stuff

Harvey: oh, would you look at the time, i've got to be goin now. 

Anna: okay H. later, i'll see u

Harvey: I love it when you talk improper grammar 2 me

Anna: omfg u dork 

Harvey: .xx

And if Louis's smiling like an idiot again, sliding his phone back into his pocket like a satifised twat, then maybe it's okay. Just maybe. 

Harry's stupid attempt to cover up his slip hadn't made Louis's entire night, no, not at all. (Harry might tell you a different story if you asked.)

Maybe this is normal, he thinks, walking back in as casually as possible and returning to his seat to let Lou continue to make him look decent. Harry's still sat in the corner, chugging a bottle of water. They've got ten minutes until show time, things are running behind, but that's okay and that's normal and so is Louis. Right?

Yeah.

Of course.