The makeshift rope threaded through their hands as the weight of the pair caused the group of four to overwork their muscles. Which for people such as Sage didn't have much of. As they continued to strain every inch of their bodies Sage began questioning whether or not their efforts were even making a difference. Bellamy wasn't anywhere near in sight and she was utilising every bit of upper body strength to retrieve the pair.

"Come on you guys." Finn said as he watched the two in front of him struggling to tug the seatbelt rope.

Sage yelled as she flung to the ground upon a snap in the rope. Flying to the floor, the crown of her skull crashed upon a pile of rocks causing her to let out a yelp. However there were slightly bigger concerns as Murphy held the two ends of the rope with each of his hands, solely carrying both the weight and fates of the two below.

"Come on, a little help!" The wounded boy screamed as Sage, Finn and Monroe scrambled to their feet. Sage instantly grabbed a hold of the left side of the rope as Finn latched onto the right. The trio slipped closer towards the edge of the cliff as they lowered onto their backs to remain grounded. Sage's fear began to sink in also increasing her heart rate and building her fear.

Sage was unsure of where Monroe had landed however she was too strained in the moment to care. Along with the two boys, she exerted all of her strength into the hauling and grunted at the weight. Realising they would definitely require additional support, Sage beckoned Monroe over hurriedly. The other female swiftly slid beside Sage so quickly she was perplexed as to how she hadn't plummeted down like Sterling had previously.

"What the hell is happening up there?" Bellamy shouted worriedly.

"Just hold on!" Finn yelled in response.

Just as Sage figured the group were making some progress in their haul an arrow from above came whizzing toward them, landing dangerously close to Monroe's side.

"Grounders!" She shouted as the arrows continued to fly toward the four. Sage grunted angrily as she resumed her tugging on the rope still praying they could rescue the pair.

"Monroe, cover us. Go!" Finn shouted over the chaos as he retracted a rifle and handed it to the female. She obeyed and swiftly released the rope handing additional weight onto Sage who struggled under the load.

"How many are there?" Bellamy questioned loudly.

"We can't see them!" Finn replied just as furiously.

Murphy and Sage descended onto their backs in order to remain on the cliff and not down the side as Finn yelled over the pair.

"In the trees! In the trees! Aim for the trees!" He commanded as gunshots resumed their firing.

Sage screamed involuntarily as an arrow imbedded into the ground between Murphy and Finn causing the long haired boy to move out of the way. Once again leaving the burden on Murphy and Sage.

"No!"

As the arrows continued to fly and the gunshots only contributed to the chaos, the workload only began to increase in pressure. Just as Finn returned to the rope, Sage was cut off as an arrow pierced right through her injured shoulder. Releasing the rope she rolled into the soil and yelped praying the two boys would carry the pair without her help. She wailed in pain and crumbled on the floor, hoping no other arrows would puncture herself or the others.

"Sage!" Murphy yelled glancing to where the girl lay. His gut feeling told him to assist the injured teen however he knew he must stay pulling on the rope otherwise he'd have to add another two to add to the list of people whom he had killed.