But then I remember that we're in a bathroom at a club. A club that he initially brought another girl to, and not just some random girl. Bella, a girl who I've been in classes with for years, a girl who's actually nice and sweet. A girl that, because I'm his best friend and know everything about him, I thought would be a great match for Harry.

And yet here we both are now, two sworn best friends, practically dry humping and moaning each other's names in some club toilet.

Oh for fuck's sake.

I push Harry away from me so hard and so fast that our lips separate with a pop. Still drunk and unsteady on his feet, Harry stumbles a little, watching me in shock as I jump down from the sink, adjusting my dress that had ridden up my thighs almost to my underwear. I try not to focus on how hot he looks, with his flushed chest, swollen lips, hair tangled, sweaty skin, and wild dancing green eyes staring back at me. Instead, I try to think about how wrong this is.

He doesn't seem to understand the morals of this situation though, still looking dazed and confused. "Wh-what are you doing?" he asks me breathlessly.

I press my lips tightly together, the alcohol and guilt stirring around at the pit of my stomach making me feel nauseous. It's only until I make eye contact with Harry again that my drunken mind resurfaces a memory, remembering how I was kissing Kyle's lips only last night, and tonight I'm here kissing Harry.

Oh god, I really am going to be sick.

I manage to hold it back, taking a deep breath as I attempt to pull myself together. "We can't do this," I choke out. "I....it's w-wrong. We can't. I can't...."

I can't bear to look at him anymore so I push past him, but his hand wraps around my arm, keeping me back. He gazes down at me, looking more like the Harry I know, the concerned best friend. It makes me feel even worse.

"What's wrong?" he asks me, his voice softer and more caring. I don't reply, forcing my gaze straight ahead. "Scarlett?"

"You're with Bella," I remind him sharply. His face falls and I know I'm being cruel throwing that in his face, but it's the only way.

"I'm not with her," he argues once again with a sigh. "We're just hanging out. You know that."

"I know. You keep telling me."

"Then what's the problem?"

I press my lips tightly together, taking a few more deep breaths and trying to avoid his gaze. I wish he'd stop looking at me like that, because it just makes me want to grab him and kiss him again. It takes all the willpower in the world to keep myself restrained, but then I remember how wrong this is and it fortunately manages to keep me away.

"Y-you should go," I eventually tell him quietly. He doesn't move for a while, not seeming to want to, but I give him an encouraging push and my best attempt at a smile. "Go on. I'll be out in a minute."

He looks reluctant, but after holding my gaze for a few more seconds, he finally leaves, unlocking the door and pulling it open, disappearing back into the club. I take a few more deep breaths, trying to calm myself down as I wait a few more minutes before also leaving the bathroom. As I walk back through the crowds of people, I prepare myself for the best acting performance of my life.

Fortunately, when I reach the group, I find that it's much smaller, and Bella doesn't seem to be around. I feel selfishly relieved, because I don't think Harry nor I could bear to look her in the eye. I reattach myself to the group who are all in the middle of some kind of conversation, but I don't care enough to tune in. I notice Anna shooting me a curious look, probably wondering where I went while we were dancing, but I just shoot her a smile. Harry's stood on the opposite side of the group, sipping his drink, but I keep my gaze strictly off him, barely even acknowledging his presence.