The 3 A.M. Girl

The author is  Whiskeyqueenn

Genre: Romance

Writing: You can expect nothing short of perfection in all of Rachelle Mills' books. The depth of her writing takes the story to new levels, and the emotions seep through the pages to take their place in your heart. Every. single. time. 

Characters: Clover Sanders is someone I relate to up to a certain level which makes her all the more dear to me. She has her flaws, but she is also so so strong and brave. Her moments of bravery in the story make me wish I were capable of withstanding all that she has. Clover, to me, is a survivor- struggling through the day to make it to the next, her unwavering strength is an inspiration and her mother is also a character I very much loved. 

Irish can seem like quite the dickhead at the start of the story, but as you read on, you learn to understand and forgive him for his faults. Messed up situations create messed up people.

Readership: 13 and above. 

Insight: The story is an absolute emotional roller coaster. Every chapter has an impact on you, every moment holds importance in this masterpiece. Along the way, I found some chapters that were very much dear to my heart. Clover has to watch her mother fade away under the betrayal of her father every day. She is in love with Irish, her childhood friend but he doesn't seem to be interested beyond anything physical and heartache shadows Clover when she finds out her mother is sick and she might just lose the single most important person in her life. Set in the background of terrible heartbreaks and betrayals, there are so many lessons to be learned from this book. 

Wow factor: It plays with your emotions. You will definitely cry at some point of the story or the other. Take it from someone who rarely reads books that are ongoing because I can't be bothered to wait for updates, I am so glad I picked this book. I wait for every single update and read it dutifully because that is how beautiful this book actually is.