Follow Me Back

The author is adam_and_jane

Genre: Teen Fiction 

Writing: It completely matches up to the suspense level that builds up in the story as it progresses. The art of cluing in the readers without actually revealing the information is something that she has most definitely mastered. 

Characters: Tessa is no ordinary character. She has been through a traumatic incident and apart from never leaving her house, only finds solace in stalking her favourite celebrity- Eric Thorn- on social media. She fancies herself in love with him (I mean, who can't relate to that). Eric is not a  perfect character, he says things he isn't proud of and his life is not entirely his. He fights for any semblance of normalcy and is lead astray more often than not. 

Readership: 13 and above. 

Insight: Tessa's world revolves around Eric Thorn. She would give anything for just one glance from him, and just wants him to follow her back on Twitter. Eric is downright terrified of the fan following he has everywhere he goes. All he can think of is the number of psychotic fangirls out there who may be plotting to kill him.  Paranoia starts to really get to him when he finds out a certain girl on Twitter started up a media frenzy with her hashtags and fanfictions and their worlds inevitably crash with a hateful DM.

This story is set up amidst glimpses of a police investigation that add to the plot of the story. In most ways, this story is so very relatable to all of us who have found ourselves in love with celebrities- but different all the same. The celebrity life is certainly not easy with all the spotlight, but this book also enunciates on how bad things can happen to just about anyone. The world has a certain way of stamping "crazy" on anyone who is different, and who really believes a crazy person? Eric and Tessa's  whirlwind rollercoaster of a story has a different outlook on all things we find 'normal'. It starts out slow, but as it builds up you won't be able to tear your eyes away from the screen. 

Wow Factor: It has everything- romance, suspense and that tiny bit of magic we look for in books. It has even been published! So really, give it a try.