Chapter VII - Running

Start from the beginning

Holding out their swords in front of them, they both got into a defensive stance. This forced Bakugou to attack first so they have the upper hand.

Cursing under his breath, Bakugou decided to go after the one to his left first, deeming him as more worn out than his counterpart.

Rushing to the one to his left, Bakugou managed to get a small cut in the guard's throat, but the guard also managed to get a small gash on Bakugou's side.

Quickly pushing away the now throbbing pain at his side, he recovered a bit and cut a deep gash in the guard's lower back. The guard was forced to drop down on one knee.

With the guard immobilized for now, he moved on to the other guard.

The guard quickly attacked seeing that Bakugou was hurt and beginning to get worn down. The guard swung and attacked from above.

Moving back and avoiding the attack just in time, Bakugou swiftly raised his Cutlass and impaled the guard in his chest, right next to his heart.

With that guard now dead also, Bakugou looked over to the guard still down on one knee and smirked. He walked in front of the guard and just stood there.

The guard slowly raised his head and saw Bakugou in front of him. He quickly grabbed his sword and tried to attack Bakugou, but Bakugou easily dodged. The guard thus fell on his hands and knees after his failed attack.

Bakugou got on one knee himself and picked up the guard's head with his free hand, making sure the guard was looking Bakugou in the eyes.

"Take this as a warning for your next life; you don't fuck with the Dragon King."

And with that, Bakugou slashed his neck he started from earlier. He waited until blood spilled down onto his shirt and the ground before letting go and having the last guard fall dead to the ground.

Bakugou huffed and he got up and clutched his side with his free hand.

"Such a waste of fucking time." Bakugou said as he turned and started walking in the direction he came from, hoping (y/n) was doing well.

Following (y/n):
"You're a strong person Bakugou. I have faith in you. Please come back to me unharmed," (y/n) thought as she herself had five guards also on her trail.

Looking behind her and briefly stopping again, she quickly pulled an arrow out hitting one guard directly in his heart.

Having to start running again as she let the guards get closer to her, she reached behind her to her quiver and got another arrow. She prepared her bow for another quick attack as she set the arrow and drew the bow string back.

Stealing another glance behind her, she noticed one guard in particular quickly catching up to her.

She cursed under her breath and brought up her bow, quickly releasing the bow string and lodging the arrow in the guard's throat.

Hurrying to ready bow again and preparing yet again for a quick attack, she stopped a few seconds later and put an arrow in one guard's knee.

Starting to run again and preparing her bow, she huffed as she put on her best 'don't fuck with me' face. Turning and stopping, she firmly planted her feet on the ground and released her bow string, this time striking one guard straight in the eye.

"Four down, one to go." She said as she quickly readied her bow again. She waited until the guard got closer. Just before he was able to land an attack, she breathed in and out and drove the arrow into the last guard's forehead.

She waited until he dropped dead before slowly lowering her arms. She stayed standing with her feet planted firmly on the ground for a couple of seconds before letting her posture falter. She practically fell back on her ass as she sat and regulated her breathing while waiting for Bakugou.

Following both of them/how it was before/normal:
As Bakugou walked up to (y/n), he saw all the guards laying dead on the ground with arrows all lodged in different parts of their bodies (Bakugou stabbed the guy who got his knee shot with an arrow in his back, to "ease his suffering").

Bakugou was actually impressed. He never seen her in battle before but it looks like she really proved her worth.

(a/n: for those who wanted to skip the blood and violence, it ends here!)

"Holy shit." Bakugou said as he walked up to her and offered her his hand, "Fuckers stood no chance did they?" He smirked and asked.

"None." She smirked back.

She noticed he was wounded a couple seconds later and started to freak out. "Holy shit are you okay?! Here, I remember Mya giving us medical supplies." She dropped to one knee and took the bag off of her back. She searched through until she found something to clean the wound and then something to wrap around it.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me." Bakugou said before clenching his teeth as (y/n) put some disinfectant on his cut.

"Oh but I am. You're not dying on me because one measly cut got infected,"

"The King of Dragons will never die in such a lame manner." He smirked.

(Y/n) chuckled as she began wrapping his cut with gauze.

A couple seconds later, she made sure it was secure and wrapped tight enough.

"That should do until the gauze needs to be changed. Let me get back any arrows that aren't broken. Be back soon,"

"Look at her. She's unscathed while I let that bastard cut me. How pathetic of me." Bakugou thought as he laughed, joking about himself.

"Okay, I managed to salvage some. Not all, but some. But anyways, how about we find ourselves a dragon?" She smiled.

(a/n: this actually turned out longer than I thought! I don't know how long the next chapter is though so I may or may not be posting that today. Probably tomorrow.
I wanna quickly give thanks to Pikachu1st and YaBoiSkinnyPeePee for supporting me in this and encouraging me to post in the first place. Thanks guys ily 💞)
Word count: 1767
-edited-