"No! Not until Jericho is blown up!" Markus said.

"Are you crazy?! The bombs are at the very bottom of the ship, you won't be able to make it!" North protested, Markus shook his head.

"No, if we blow it up, our people can escape and the humans will have to choice but to retreat! I'll go alone, you two go on without me!" Markus said before running off. In a split second, you were having a huge argument with your mind, deciding wether to join Markus or not.

Markus had saved you from dying. He gave you food and everything, least you can do is to protect him! He's unarmed, but you aren't!

No, Markus said that you should go with North. You'll just distract Markus if you did go with him.

You shook your head and groaned before running after Markus.

~ <. < ~ ~>.> ~

"(Y/n)? What are--stand back!" Markus push you to the wall beside him as soon as the spotted some of the SWAT teams. When the coast is clear, Markus turned to you.

"I was just trying to help you." You said, pulling your gun out to show him that you probably won't be useless. Markus sighed in defeat before gesturing you to follow him.

On your way to the bottom of Jericho, some androids were struggling and you both helped them. In the end, you were able to reach the bottom.

"Now to activate the bombs.." Markus said, pressing the buttons. You looked at Markus, not even realizing there was someone behind you.

"Step away from the bomb." The familiar voice echoed around the room, making you froze in fear. "I repeat, step away from the bomb."

Each words coming out of his mouth hit you like a bullet.

"I won't hesitate to shoot any of you, including you...Detective (L/n)..." How he said your name with such venomous tone...

You turned around to see Connor, pointing his gun at you.

"Connor..." Your knees became shaky and weak. You didn't want to fight Connor.

Markus hesitated before moving away from the bomb.

"Connor..please..don't do this.." You begged, the android remained motionless.

"If you wish to be spared, then move out of the way, Detective." Connor said, you bit your bottom lips as you furrowed your eyebrows hopelessly. "Lieutenant, step out of the way. I do not wish to shoot you."

"Connor..please...don't do this! These androids just wanted to be free! Why can't you understand that you're more than just a machine??" Connor hold his gun even tighter. "Connor, you're my friend..please-"

"I am not your friend." Connor raised his gun higher. "Nor will I ever be."

"Why..." You whispered in disbelief. There were a few short seconds of silence before Connor spoke up.

"...My name is Connor, I'm the Android sent by Cyberlife. I am a Deviant Hunter, a machine. Nothing more. I care for my mission, and the mission only. If killing you would be beneficial to my mission, I won't hesitate to do so. I am not your friend. You were nothing but a partner, but now... you are an obstacle..." Those words pierced right through your heart..

"I will repeat for the last time...stay out of my way, Detective.. or I will shoot. So what's it gonna be, Detective?" Connor said venomously. "Are you going to side with the machines and betray humanity? Or are you going to side with mankind and prevent civil war?"

"These androids just wanted to be free, Connor. They never wanted hurt anyone..."

"Oh really?" Connor said, with an amused tone. "You're injured, shot by I assume an android with a handgun. No human can shoot that cleanly."